Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

wht timber flooring is this ??

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone. This is my first post although I have been lurking in the shadows for sometime. It is a great resource.
. I have a question. We just bought our first home. It was built in the mid eighties brick veneer home. There is carpet throughout the house and I was considering timber floors in hall and living areas. Before I ask for a tradesman's quote I was wondering if anyone here could advise what kind of timber is this under the carpet and can it be sanded and stained? I noticed there are a lot of gaps. Or would I need to put laminate timber flooring on top. I really don't know much so any help would be great. Many thanks Jennifer.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/ ... floor3.jpg
Bit hard from the pic - but my guess is Vic Ash/Tassie Oak. Would sand up a treat - very light in colour
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum