Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Buckling carpet

Page 1 of 1
Hi There, I paid $2800 for carpet and underlay in August last year. My tenants were loathe to complain so didn't tell me when it started buckling all over the house. The carpet company had just changed hands and it was obvious they were in a bit of turmoil/teething. I'd searched high and low for better quality carpet at a 'reasonable' price. I have recently discovered the issue and contacted the carpet company. They suggested humidity and then gave me the number of a guy who could rectify at a cheap price. I wasn't very happy with the this response. The previous carpet lasted 18yrs with no humidity issue. I believe it was poor laying that is responsible. Is it reasonable to insist they send a technician to restretch the carpet to walls? I have pics to show issue more clearly. My tenants are in their 70s and have rugs down so it definitely wasn't misuse. Just want to know if I am justified in insisting the carpet company sort it out.

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/sX1Zg
The carpet seller is at fault here for hiring a tradesman who does use power stretcher during the install. You will need it power stretched as the layers only used a knee kicker. Finding a layer who has a power stretcher is the tricky part and getting someone to pay for it is even harder.
Related
16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/08/2023
Ramping Carpet Up To Bathroom Level

General Discussion

they can, it's a fairly standard solution when the slab isn't recessed. the falls need to be in the main floor, if it hasn't been done then you need to ask them to redo…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum