Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Carpet or floating floors first?

Page 1 of 1
Is there an order I should worry about for installation?
We need carpet for the bedrooms and home theatre and laminate floorboards everywhere else. Is there a recommendation to do carpet first and then floor boards? (as that's our preference)

Thanks
Hi,

yes carpet first then boards.
Then the carpet guys back to hook the carpet into the trims at doorways when its all finished.
Thanks! Hmmm will the carpet layer be willing to come back (is it normal practice?)
This is the right way to do it.

Our solid floor installer does both, so after the carpet layers lay the carpet he lays floating floor then attaches the carpet.
Thanks Michelle!
Btw your pic of Britons carpet is making me rethink carpet options!
If I tell you it costs $700 a L/meter to lay, will that keep you with your current selections?

*cough*

Um maybe I'll stick to plan A. We are just going to go to a carpet place and choose two carpets (home theatre has a different colour scheme) with amazing underlay
Related
29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

7/02/2024
How to repair buckled floating floor?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Thanks, that's the motivation I needed to give it a try sooner rather than one day!

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum