Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Approx cost to have 5 rooms sanded and sealed, Sydney Metro

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are in the process of purchasing a rental property which has the ugliest floral carpet known to man! The current owners have told us there are floorboards under the carpet that can be sanded and sealed. 2 bedrooms have already been done. We need to do an average 3 bed house which includes 1xlounge room, 1x formal dining, 1 small bedroom, 1x kitchen with dining area, 1 x hallway. 2 other bedrooms have already been sanded back and polished.

Can anyone tell me a rough price for this to be done by a professional? we have never tackled this before so thinking we should leave it to a professional.

Has anyone costed sanding/sealing verses new carpet/underlay? Which way would be cheaper?

Thanks in advance
Sydney is probably the cheapest city in Australia to get floors sanded and finished. Somewhere around $20 per sqm - maybe around $1400. Contact the guys at Alex Lind, they should be able to point you in the right direction
namtrak
Sydney is probably the cheapest city in Australia to get floors sanded and finished. Somewhere around $20 per sqm - maybe around $1400. Contact the guys at Alex Lind, they should be able to point you in the right direction

Hi Namtrack, I see you are in the floor sanding profession, can you tell me roughly how long this job would take to complete? how long is it after sealing/lacquering can floors be used? Also I googled Alex Lind, they seem to be a hardware company which sells flooring supplies, can't seem to see on their website that they actually come out and do floor sanding.
Depends on the finish and the quality of the job - at $20 per hour its gonna happen pretty quick. 2-3 days.

Yeh, Alex Lind have a lot of contacts in the industry and would point you in the right direction
Related
18/04/2024
Does concrete foam filler need to be sealed?

Building A New House

There is nothing in the various codes and standards that puts this requirement on the builder to do. I think that is what you are asking. Don't waste time trying to get…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum