Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

I work in flooring - do you have a flooring question?

Page 38 of 50
Hi all,
Looking to put Karndean Korlok Warm Spotted Gum downstairs and upstairs living areas, could anyone advise of any known issues with it, also to its acoustic reduction ability for use upstairs

thanks in advance
ne0x
Hi all,
Looking to put Karndean Korlok Warm Spotted Gum downstairs and upstairs living areas, could anyone advise of any known issues with it, also to its acoustic reduction ability for use upstairs

thanks in advance

Check out posts and photos from IamSAM who has laid the Karndean vinyl planks, on one of the other threads.
Melbournevic
Hi Michelle, how about laminated flooring for the first floor (all bedrooms and hallway). Thanks

Think I replied to this via private message?
ne0x
Hi all,

thanks in advance

Hi.... Korlol is rubber backed and perfect for an upstairs installation. To date, I have not heard anything bad about this flooring.

Michelle
Melbournevic
Hi Michelle, how about laminated flooring for the first floor (all bedrooms and hallway). Thanks

Hi Michelle, nothing is in my inbox. Appreciate your response. thanks
Melbournevic
Michelle
Melbournevic

Hi Michelle, nothing is in my inbox. Appreciate your response. thanks

Laminate is fine, but make sure you choose one of the water proof laminates from either Quickstep or (Signature's) new 12mm laminate, have to say I'm a fan, its a good laminate! (Signature)

Michelle

Laminate is fine, but make sure you choose one of the water proof laminates from either Quickstep or (Signature's) new 12mm laminate, have to say I'm a fan, its a good laminate! (Signature)

Great thanks Michelle, I have noted that.
Hi Michelle,

We are building a new house and after a lot of running around in the city to all the flooring stores, we came to a conclusion that we will be using Quickstep’s laminate Majestic brushed oak dark brown.

Now I have 2 questions:
1. We are on ground floor only so what would be the best underlay width for that?

2. I have two little children and Simone told me that HYBRID flooring is the way to go if you want wood look and also water proofing and scratch resistance.

Please help me with that. I am going crazy with the flooring.

Thanks
Hi Michelle,

We are building a new house and after a lot of running around in the city to all the flooring stores, we came to a conclusion that we will be using Quickstep’s laminate Majestic brushed oak dark brown.

Now I have 2 questions:
1. We are on ground floor only so what would be the best underlay width for that?

2. I have two little children and someone told me that HYBRID flooring is the way to go if you want wood look and also water proofing and scratch resistance.

Thanks
Taniaimran
Hi Michelle,

Now I have 2 questions:

2. I have two little children and someone told me that HYBRID flooring is the way to go if you want wood look and also water proofing and scratch resistance.

Thanks

Hi there, laminate is fine for ground floors and you really only need the 2 or 3 mm underlay that comes with it. I'm pretty sure the Majestic is now water resistant.

The Hybrids are taking are taking off, totally water proof and quiet. Watch my next post, I'm posting photos I took yesterday of the Hybrids and stair trims and nosing.

De Novo Concepts - online consultations
Good morning everyone, there's a lot of interest in the new Hybrid vinyl flooring. I took some photos yesterday to start a conversation. Totally water proof and looks fantastic. Take notice of the set of stairs, that's Spotted Gum in the abode "Prime" range.

Any questions??

De Novo Concepts - Online Consultations - Flooring Consultant

Hi Michelle. We were originally going with tile flooring in the main living areas in our new build.

When we went to a flooring company they showed us this product. Looks great in the showroom, waterproof, scratch proof. Sounds great. The only concern we have is how does it feel to walk on? We really dont like the hollow feeling we get when we walk on most other floating type floors. If it is a problem can there be an additional or upgraded underlay you can use that can help?

Thanks for your help
Steve4216
Hi Michelle. We were originally going with tile flooring in the main living areas in our new build.

When we went to a flooring company they showed us this product. Looks great in the showroom, waterproof, scratch proof. Sounds great. The only concern we have is how does it feel to walk on? We really dont like the hollow feeling we get when we walk on most other floating type floors. If it is a problem can there be an additional or upgraded underlay you can use that can help?

Thanks for your help

Hi Steve4216, you are talking about the Hybrids I assume. The Hybrids don't have an underlay, all it needs is on each plank. It has its own underlay attached to the backing. Possibly the reason you don't like the feel of floating floors is possibly you have been waking on thin boards. I recommend nothing less than 14mm and up for timbers and 12mm for laminates, this should get rid of any bounce in the boards, they are also a better flooring all round.
The Hybrids are 6 to 6.5mm thick and are a strong system with no extra underlay for this flooring it should feel very firm to walk on, no bounce. It's quite a new flooring, we've done a couple of jobs in it, no complaints so far.
As with every flooring, they all have their purpose. I give this system thumbs, second to loose lays from Karndean.

De Novo Concepts
Here is one of my favourite well priced solution died nylon's. This has now put itself in the top 5 selling carpets in Australia. Well done "EC Group", this is a preferred nylon with us decorator's and designer's. It is a look alike to the the expensive pure wool loose loop pile that costs from $400 up to over $500 a L/M installed.

Delano is priced at and between $215 to $220 depending where you buy it from.
It maybe exclusive to Choices Flooring. Look's fantastic laid, just make sure not to drag furniture around on it with sharp bits on the carpet, you don't want to pull a loop!!!

De Novo Concepts - Online Consultations - Build - Renovate - Decorate - Colour
Michelle
Steve4216

Thanks for your help

Hi Steve4216, you are talking about the Hybrids I assume. The Hybrids don't have an underlay, all it needs is on each plank. It has its own underlay attached to the backing. Possibly the reason you don't like the feel of floating floors is possibly you have been waking on thin boards. I recommend nothing less than 14mm and up for timbers and 12mm for laminates, this should get rid of any bounce in the boards, they are also a better flooring all round.
The Hybrids are 6 to 6.5mm thick and are a strong system with no extra underlay for this flooring it should feel very firm to walk on, no bounce. It's quite a new flooring, we've done a couple of jobs in it, no complaints so far.
As with every flooring, they all have their purpose. I give this system thumbs, second to loose lays from Karndean.

De Novo Concepts

Thanks Michelle, Yes I was talking about the Hybrid flooring. We were looking at the Pryzm (by Armstrong Flooring). It's 6.5mm, it'll be interesting to see how they feel when walking on. We seen a 12mm premium laminate that was nice, but not as sturdy and waterproof as the hybrid ones.
Link to the one we looked at https://www.armstrongflooring.com/resid ... pryzm.html

Cheers
Steve
Steve4216
Michelle
Steve4216

Thanks for your help

De Novo Concepts

Thanks Michelle, Yes I was talking about the Hybrid flooring. We were looking at the Pryzm (by Armstrong Flooring). It's 6.5mm, it'll be interesting to see how they feel when walking on. We seen a 12mm premium laminate that was nice, but not as sturdy and waterproof as the hybrid ones.
Link to the one we looked at https://www.armstrongflooring.com/resid ... pryzm.html

Cheers
Steve

Morning Steve,

Armstrong do a good floor. I don't know that one, but they are all pretty much the same structure.
See if you can find it laid somewhere so you can walk on it.
Good luck....can you show me some photos if you have it laid, I'd love to see.

De Novo Concepts
Hi Michelle,

We went into choices flooring to ahve a look at the Hybrid flooring. I liked the river gum in the Abode Noble (Karndean hybrid).

But it was still not as dark as i want.
Would you know of a color in a good hybrid product which probably matches an expresso or dark oak brown shade?
Also, what do you think of Godfrey Hirst Hybrid flooring? How do you compare it with Abode Noble?
Taniaimran
Hi Michelle,

We went into choices flooring to ahve a look at the Hybrid flooring. I liked the river gum in the Abode Noble (Karndean hybrid).

But it was still not as dark as i want.
Would you know of a color in a good hybrid product which probably matches an expresso or dark oak brown shade?

Hi .... were I work, Choices Flooring Nowra, we only have the same Hybrids that you would have seen. I'm not sure if there is one out on the market dark enough for you. I'm guessing you will have to go looking, which I think you may have done. Companies may be going softly with the Hybrids to see how they go, more will come for sure.

De Novo Concepts - Online
Taniaimran
Also, what do you think of Godfrey Hirst Hybrid flooring? How do you compare it with Abode Noble?

I haven't see the G/Hirst, we don't have that flooring.
What you need to do is compare their core structure and backings.

De Novo Concepts - Online
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

29/04/2023
Safe Work methods

General Discussion

Block of two storey townhouses requires painting on the roof. A brick parapet wall separates each unit and extends above the tiled roof. The parapet walls require sealing…

12/11/2023
Beginner advice - how can we make this house work for us???

Renovation + Home Improvement

I posted the floorplan on Houzz.com forum and got some really good ideas and advice from people there. Then we reached out to a couple of renovation companies and one…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum