Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

I work in flooring - do you have a flooring question?

Page 34 of 50
I don't know that one...

What you need to look for is the thickness of the timber overlay and thickness all over.
Never go under a 14mm.
Hey Michelle, just wondering a ballpark we’d be looking at to lay vinyl planks herringbone rather than normal??

Hi there....I'm not sure on the cost that will depend on the contractor. If a full size plank it should not vary in price much to a normal straight lay.
Hi all... have you seen the new core lock system from Karndean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM6wepIacbU
Hi Michelle
We are looking to use Korlok on our new build to be completed next year as it has the stair nosing available to match and the acoustic backing is a plus also - do you have any experience with installs as yet ?
Hi there neOx, its such a new product and we have only just received our samples in store that none have been sold and laid yet. One thing I can tell you about Karndean is..... they do their homework! This is a company that strives for the best, so you can pretty much bet you will get a quality product!

As soon as we lay some of this flooring I will post photos for everyone. The samples look great.

Make sure you ask a professional which way is the best way to go with the all the Karndean products, direct glue, looselay or lock.

Every floor has a purpose and reason for that purpose.
Hi Michelle
We are looking at flooring for our new home build. We are looking at timber downstairs, carpet upstairs.
I'm so confused with the timber floors. One shop recommended engineered timber, another recommended laminate & another was something different again.
I'm really not sure about it all. Engineered was quoted at $100/m installed, laminate $81 installed (on special).
We have 2 small children, possibly a dog in the future, possibly a wheelchair down the track.
Do you have any advise which one to go with? Laminate or engineered timber? Or is there another one. Not really keen on the feel of vinyl that I've seen so far.
Thanks so much
Hi Michelle
We are looking at flooring for our new home build. We are looking at timber downstairs, carpet upstairs.
I'm so confused with the timber floors. One shop recommended engineered timber, another recommended laminate & another was something different again.
I'm really not sure about it all. Engineered was quoted at $100/m installed, laminate $81 installed (on special).
We have 2 small children, possibly a dog in the future, possibly a wheelchair down the track.
Do you have any advise which one to go with? Laminate or engineered timber? Or is there another one. Not really keen on the feel of vinyl that I've seen so far.
Thanks so much
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much
Hi Michelle
I'm really not sure about it all.
Thanks so much
Hi Michelle,

From the Karndean Looselay longboard, we have narrowed down to
1) Mountain Spotted Gum
2) Lemon Spotted Gum

what is your view on each of these?
We are looking for same selection for entire house (except wet areas) and the walls, wardrobe, kitchen furniture is mostly white in color. Which is better suited?
Thanks.
Michelle
Hi there neOx, its such a new product and we have only just received our samples in store that none have been sold and laid yet. One thing I can tell you about Karndean is..... they do their homework! This is a company that strives for the best, so you can pretty much bet you will get a quality product!

As soon as we lay some of this flooring I will post photos for everyone. The samples look great.

Make sure you ask a professional which way is the best way to go with the all the Karndean products, direct glue, looselay or lock.

Karndean Korlock installation in Ballarat “Australian Ghost Gum”.

IamSAM
Hi Michelle,

1) Mountain Spotted Gum
2) Lemon Spotted Gum

We are looking for same selection for entire house (except wet areas) and the walls, wardrobe, kitchen furniture is mostly white in color. Which is better suited?
Thanks.

Hi Sam.. the above is the variation in colour of the Lemon Spotted Gum, it's big some people love it, others hate it.
Thought I would show you...

We sell a lot of the Mountain Spotted Gum as it has less variance in it.
Either one is nice, just depends what you want to see on your floor.
I prefer the Mountain...
gillybean
Michelle

Karndean Korlock installation in Ballarat “Australian Ghost Gum”.

Very Nice!!!!
Michelle
IamSAM
Hi Michelle,

1) Mountain Spotted Gum
2) Lemon Spotted Gum

Thanks.

Hi Sam.. the above is the variation in colour of the Lemon Spotted Gum, it's big some people love it, others hate it.
Thought I would show you...

We sell a lot of the Mountain Spotted Gum as it has less variance in it.
Either one is nice, just depends what you want to see on your floor.
I prefer the Mountain...

I have a mate that built just around the corner and he did his place in Lemon Spotted Gum, it looks great but if he’d gone the Mountain Spotted Gum I think it would’ve looked even better.
Hi Michelle, just quickly. We are building a double story. Color selection is due in a week's time but still haven't decided on which flooring to go for upstairs and downstairs. Is it better to have wooden floor downstairs and carpet upstairs or go with tiles downstairs. I am more inclined towards wooden floors downstairs as tiles needs maintenance but wifey is more about tiles as they look better. Please advise on same. Also for upstairs which carpet will be best to have as I have a 2 yr old daughter. I eventually wanted to have floor boards upstairs but builder doesnt provide you with that so for the time being we thought of getting the carpets done with them and then after few years if need to be, we can replace with floorboards.

Thank you
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Wow Samantha....I totally missed your post I'm so sorry. I don't always get notice of a reply in here.
I'll try and look in tonight for you.
Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Wow Samantha....I totally missed your post I'm so sorry. I don't always get notice of a reply in here.

Hi Michelle,

You should still be getting notifications.

Did you get this one?

If not, please let us know and our programmer will look into this for you.

Cheers.
homeone
Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Hi Michelle,

You should still be getting notifications.

Did you get this one?

If not, please let us know and our programmer will look into this for you.

Cheers.

Yes got this one Homeone...
Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

So Samantha.... the mention of a wheelchair has secured my advice for you. You need to go look at the Karndean Loose lay flooring. 4.5ml thick, quiet, water proof, easy replaced if damaged. BUT.... my main reason for suggesting this flooring, scuff resistant, scratch resistant! If a plank is damaged that plank is taken out and replaced with a new one....easy as that! NOT so with the floating floors. Every floor has a purpose...Karndean tick a lot of those purposes.
The wheelchair will move over this vinyl flooring with ease. If the person in the wheelchair happens to spill anything, there is no need to rush and clean it up, as so with some floating boards.

This is my recommendation - I hope this has helped.

http://www.karndean.com/en-au/floors

Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Michelle
SamanthaS
Hi Michelle
Thanks so much

Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

12/11/2023
Beginner advice - how can we make this house work for us???

Renovation + Home Improvement

I posted the floorplan on Houzz.com forum and got some really good ideas and advice from people there. Then we reached out to a couple of renovation companies and one…

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum