Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Bamboo... and hyperactive poodles... and little children

Page 1 of 1
I think the title says it all. Can anyone shed any light on how bamboo holds up when you throw children and pets into the mix? Is it a recipe for disaster or is the product durable enough to withstand these two perils??
Chelseaguy1
I think the title says it all. Can anyone shed any light on how bamboo holds up when you throw children and pets into the mix? Is it a recipe for disaster or is the product durable enough to withstand these two perils??

Hi there,

The answer is more about surface coatings and scratch resistance. Bamboo is very good with dents but your poodles won't do that ! It's also unlikely that your kids could dent the bamboo either... But they can and will scratch it!

We would suggest with such a busy household that you give consideration to an AC4 or AC5 rated laminate floor - these will out perform almost all other floors in respect to scratch resistance, meaning your floor will look better for longer.

We have a fantastic bamboo product with very tough Klump coatings on it, but would still suggest a laminate that's of a high quality would most likely give you more hassle free enjoyment.

Visit your local store and take a look
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum