Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

How to tell quality stone?

Page 1 of 1
I'm looking at installing stone floor tiles in my living area, possibly travertine or marble, and am finding a lot of variability in pricing. Does anyone know what to look for when choosing a stone floor tile? How do I identify what's quality and what's not?
If I may, go and see Marco at Marble Granite Depot in Osborne Park. They are the most honest bunch of guys to chat to with very high quality products. Tell them Jarrod from Miteq sent you.
Any stone or tile from Europe will have a higher standard of finish than stone coming from the Chinese market
Apropos of nothing ... do all sandstone pavers have fossils in them ?

We have them and I quite like the fossils but have been told many don't.
Sounds like you scored, what a great talking piece!
trixee
Sounds like you scored, what a great talking piece!

Yeah - lovely things ... IMO. Add to the whole thing.
Related
2/05/2024
Ceiling Joist/s Timber quality Question

General Discussion

It's MGP 10 which means every length has been machine graded to it's specified engineered strength. It may not look pretty and if you where hand picking your timbers you…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum