Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Do you love or hate your high polished floorboards?

Page 1 of 1
So we are renovating and ripping up our old tiles and want to put laminate floorboards down. Have been looking at and (pretty much) decided on the Quick-Step Colonial Blackbutt floorboards. Love the colour and everything, the only thing is I've only just realised that its high-polished. I've been to friends houses with polished floorboards and they look sooo amazing but they have also said its hard to keep clean.

I've heard that polished floorboards show up every bit of dust, dirt, crumbs and smudge. Is that right?

I want to put floorboards down but I don't want to have to vacuum and mop the floors every day. I have a 4 and 2 year old and unless they live outside, it seems like I will have to vacuum and mop everyday with the polished floors.

Our other option is to get matt floorboards and perhaps the vinyl planks karndean van gogh range?

But not sure. Would love ANY type of input to help us make the decision easier.

Some poeple have said its only with the dark glossy floors that is hard to keep clean but heres a pic of the colour we like wonder if we will have the same problem with this medium colour? ..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/ ... ialbb3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/ ... nialbb.jpg
We have solid timber spotted gum floorboards in a gloss finish that are a very similar depth of colour to the boards you've chosen. We also have 3 children 14, 12 & 9 and a toy poddle thats inside 90% of the time. I sweep and mop the floors only because I feel I should not because I can see any dirty marks. The only thing is if the floor is due to be swept, we get the afternoon sunlight streaming through the front door and sidelights, it can show up some fine dust. Having said that, it's probably due to the fact we're in a new estate with homes still being built around us.
If I were to build again, I would definitely choose the same floors.
I have floorboards in a similar colour to you in a satin. Last time I had a high gloss and they were a lot more work.I love my floorboards and would not have anything else. I have my little grandchildren over all the time so they get plenty of use.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

4/12/2023
Miners Cottage floorboards

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi All New to the forum and looking for some advice, has anyone else renovated an old miners cottage in or around Ballarat and been able to identify the flooring? We…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum