Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Rectified Edge Porcelain Tiles & 'Lipping" - Advice Please

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Hoping someone out there can help me out please.

I have had some rectified edge porcelain tiles laid. I have noticed that there are probably about 10 tiles in total (110 sqm of floor tiles) that are showing some 'lippage' where the edge of one tile maybe only slightly higher than the one next to it. It is visible and and can feel it with my foot.

I have read on the internet that this can cause issues down track with chips along the edge of the raised tile.

Is this something that 'HAS' to be fixed after the PCI?? Is there an industry standard allowance for this or can and should I expect that there would be no 'lipping' at all in my floor?? I am unsure as to whether expecting no 'lippage' at all is reasonable. I did have to pay extra for the laying of the rectified edge tile.

My assumption is that the only way to correct these tiles would be to remove the said tiles and replace them?? Is that the only way?? Is this a huge task??

Any advice, before I approach the builder/tiler, would be very much appreciated.
There really is not much that can be done. You can try and replace the high tiles but if the floor is not flat then it will show lippage again. I have had some jobs where we just grinded down the floor a touch and it worked out fine. The builder or tiler should have explained to you before they started that there will be lippage unless you screed the floor first which cost a lot more to do. With screeding you will never have lippage issues.

Craig
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

13/09/2023
Slab edge Dampness

General Discussion

Quarter of it

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum