Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Tile Laying costs for large tiles

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Sure someone can share their experience, 1,200 by 600 polished porcelain rectified edge tiles, how much per sq meter to lay. I assume that the floor will need to be screed to ensure dead flat.

I am in Perth so WA experiences would be good but happy to hear all.

I have seen some tiles I like at unbelievably good prices i.e. below 20 psm.

Cheers in advance.

Mark
Our standard tiles (500x500) were 30 per sqm to lay, and our splashback tiles (600x600) were 36/sqm. I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone though so I think there may have been a slight discount in there...
For me, screed $20/m2 and tiling $60/m2. Prices include everything except the tiles. Prices include GST.
i paid cash thru a friend for our 40x40's to be laid
we had 127 sqm to do with this including the 52sqm alfresco
i paid him $4200 and this was without glue or grout or silicon edging
that will add up to nearly a grand
we had to use the fancy 100% leveling clips and spaces outside for the alfresco

he said he had to do some massive tiles that were over a meter long a few weeks ago
never mentioned price, but said they were a pain in the bum due to weight and needed two of them for every tile to be placed
he mentioned that heavy tiles just sink in the glue straight away and can be a pain to give it that slight movement to make sure they are in the correct position

we saw some massive tiles when we went to pay for our 40x40's in the showroom
they looked fantastic but the price was thru the roof
ours start to get laid tomorrow
cant wait
Related
21/02/2024
Oil under boards before laying

General Discussion

I'm about to put down some Merbau. Is it necessary to oil underneath the boards before laying?

1/03/2024
Waterproofing slab before laying floor buttons....

General Discussion

Hey There. No problems re jumping in. My original question was "should I have waterproofed" the concrete slab before putting batons down. We have been told we should…

2/07/2023
Ballpark figure to convert large WIL to small WC ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

consider putting in wall WC instead of robe in the same bedroom, then it might be doable to hook up to the existing piping.

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum