Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Opinions for stairs floor covering please

Page 1 of 1
Just going to start building a two storey home which have MDF stairs. Not sure what is the best floor covering for this. Have had carpet before on concrete stairs but it had wear marks pretty quickly. Are there any harder wearing carpets out there now that are suitable for stairs. I could always ask a carpet guy but they are biased lol. I am not sure whether to have have bamboo, timber or tiles in the entry but wondered if it would matter/look odd if the entry/stairs were not the same? I also wonder if timber/bamboo stairs would be a bit dangerous?
Hi, I've seen these covered in floating floorboards, and it looked good.

My friend has painted MDF self destruct, a white carpet runner and mostly white porcelain tiles, self destruct walls, white skirtings. Looks good. IMO far too much vaccuming though!!

If you are having a small rug in the entry you could just choose the same in runner or pick one of the colours for the runner.

There are definitely better wearing carpets out there- commercial grade, but a runner is more easily replaced if wear becomes a problem.... However, depends on whether you like the look or not.
Related
7/02/2024
Flooring & Floor Covering

Flooring & Floor Covering

got it. thanks. I was looking for word ' Adobe' and added filter. all good.

30/04/2023
Rotting stairs

General Discussion

You will need to replace the entire stairs. Carpenter is the trade you're after.

17/08/2023
Stairs gap

Building A New House

Got my stairs designed like this with 250mm Gap marked below. Gap is bec of 2 steps added between two landing area…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum