Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Karndean van gogh vinyl planks

Page 1 of 1
Well I really wanted the wood look porcelain tiles in our new home, but we have a really large area to do and i have now come to terms with the fact we just wont have enough money left to lay these so I have now been looking t other options. Hubby likes bamboo but I have seen some vinyl planks I am liking.

Would like to know if anyone has the karndean van goth vinyl planks in there home and what you think of them?

I found some on special today for $48 m. And wanted to find out if anyone that has them are happy with them? Is that a good price? Has anyone seen them cheaper?

They also have a cheaper vinyl plank on special for $31.90.

Can anyone tell me if they have a cheaper brand of vinyl plank installed and if the quality and wear has been good.

Thanks
$48 a square mt is really cheap! Karndean is a very good product, I'm in shock you can get them for that price.
We don't have them for that price, I think ours sell for about $70 odd.

Who is selling them for that price, I work at Carpet Court.
Michelle it was at carpet choices in Sydney.
That's a good deal if that's installed, not supply only?

Buy the way Carpet Court have their own brand, Euroline from laneway.
Also a very good product...$59 a square mt installed.

http://carpetcourtnowra.hopout.com.au/P ... ne-laneway
That price may be only for product, not installation,
I can't remember now. Will have to check again on Saturday. But we are laying the floor ourselves.

Michelle what price is the range you have for product only?
Ren123...we can sell our Euroline supply only, product only, for $39 per square mt with glue.
The glue you need if you are going to lay it yourself, and you need the right glue for the job!

Possibly Choices have bought in stock from Karndean to sell off cheap, say a pallet load.
That's why they are able to do the price.

I have to say, this is not a flooring I would attempt to lay myself.
Just stopped by carpet court, they quoted me $70 for supply only and $95 installed. With the van gough.

How does the readyfloor product compare?

Why do most people not recommend to lay this yourself ? Even with a level flooring?

I know a lot of people aren't very good at DIY but Hubby is very good at these sort of jobs, he picks up things very easily.
Ren123
Just stopped by carpet court, they quoted me $70 for supply only and $95 installed. With the van gough.

How does the readyfloor product compare?

Why do most people not recommend to lay this yourself ? Even with a level flooring?

I know a lot of people aren't very good at DIY but Hubby is very good at these sort of jobs, he picks up things very easily.

We charge $84 installed for the VG's.

Readyflor is Premium's timber flooring, and ranges from $70 to $130 a square mt supply only no underlay in that price.
This is a much easier product to self lay.

With the vinyl planks they need to be rolled with a very heavy concrete or steel roller to push the excess glue out and to bed the planks or tiles securely to the floor.

Not everyone has one of these so you would have to hire one.
Took hubby to look at the vinyl flooring over the weekend and looks like we can't agree, he would prefer bamboo at that price but I don't like the finish of bamboo.
I think I have my heart set on the look of the wood porcelain tiles, so I keep comparing everything to them as they have the exact colour and finish I love just not the price to match!

Looks like we may be getting tiles throughout the living areas with some large rugs for comfort and depending on what deal our tile shop can give us maybe some wood porcelain tiles somewhere, well one can dream
all sorted then,.....
Not quite Michelle.
Still thinking, we are going to wait till we move in to decide which way to go, have now found another product which we both love but comes at a cost, so think we would prefer to save up and wait a while to get just what we want.
Thanks for your help.
I too like bamboo but find the colours very limiting...

We currently have Karndea Knightplank in Warm Oak and everyone comments on it and thinks its wood...It has been down over 4 years and still looks great. It has the odd faint scratch which can be lightly sanded but we havent bothered as barely noticeable.

In fact we love Karndean so much that I have just requested some samples for our new place.

As for needing a heavy roller to press out the excess glue..hmm...well our guy didnt do that and they are still stuck firm...you are not supposed to use a lot of glue with them as when it comes between the gaps it then has to be cleaned off straight away, hence the need to be careful not to use too much in the first place. If you do use it just make sure your floor is level first as any little undulation is noticed due to their being so thin.
oneness - would you have some pics.

i too love kardean vinyl planks and am looking at them for our place.
Hope this works as I have never uploaded pics before!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28851592/finished%20016.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28851592/floori ... %20002.jpg

These show both the floor and also the kitchen for Matt+Jo
One pic was taken after floor completed and the other the day we moved in looks a little different now. Not the best lighting but you get the idea.
wow, they look great.
Thanks...yes we are very happy with them. Actually my samples arrived today all 13 of them (only ordered them 2 days ago)...there are some lovely new patterns and colours in the range..
All adhered vinyl floors are supposed to be rolled after the vinyl flooring is laid into the adhesive.

The installation instructions will generally mention a 45kg roller or was it 60kg?

As for the trowel size its generally around 1.6mm notch.

Correct adhesive must be used, karndean recommend Megabond for most installations.
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum