Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Timber Flooring - confused about species!! Please help!!

Page 1 of 1
Hello

Cutting a long story short - We want to put 'Firestreak' solid timber flooring in the house we are currently building but we are confused!!!

'Firestreak' seems to be the name used to market a specific type of timber, we have been told it is Vic Ash, Tassie Oak and Chestnut...

We are finding it hard to get correct info. Can anyone tell me exactly what type of timber 'Firestreak' is??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Before I waste your time, I think my husband has found the answer in this excellent document about timber flooring.... firestreak is more commonly known as wormy chestnut!!

http://www.atfa.com.au/downloads/inform ... 0Names.pdf
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

19/08/2023
Solid plastering around door frames - help... so confused :(

General Discussion

If this is a custom build then I would expect the builder to set out the door frame closer to the wall to avoid the gap between architrave and the wall and or specify…

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum