Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Serfloor Vinyl Planks

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

These have a variety of choices and are relatively cheap, I'll probably be putting these down in my house when its built.
Here's some pictures in case anyone else is interested in them.

Beading used around the edges, in wet areas:

The range of colours / styles available:

Sicilian walnut:

Walnut:

Oak:

Tropical Pine:

Beech:

Hopefully I got the colour names right. They also have pictures on their ebay adds or serfloor website.

I'm undecided on which one but they did say they can bring around packs when the house is built and I can choose a colour then

It would be great to hear if anyone has used them. They also advised to have the skirting done *after* the laying of the planks otherwise they would use the beading around the house and it costs extra...
The vinyl planks here were done 'after' the skirtings and there is no beading, actually the layer did a neat job. Not sure how you feel but I don't really like beading added later as I think it's very unprofessional and shows the layer couldn't do a neat finish unless he/she covered up their mistakes around the edges.

The planks are super easy to maintain, it's a toss up between them and the polished porcelain tiles, both get the Roomba treatment once a week.

It can be awkward choosing the colour but I wanted planks to colour match the porcelain tiles and carpet so there was only one option, made it easy and I'm really pleased with them. Karndean 'Arctic Driftwood' is not a perfect grain but has knots/cracks/splits/etc which makes them more life-like and exactly what I wanted.

Hope this helps?
Hi H C,any chance of some pics where planks meet tiles or carpet?.
HappyCamper_au
The vinyl planks here were done 'after' the skirtings and there is no beading, actually the layer did a neat job. Not sure how you feel but I don't really like beading added later as I think it's very unprofessional and shows the layer couldn't do a neat finish unless he/she covered up their mistakes around the edges.
<cut>

Did you use Vinyl planks in wet areas? Yes I could get it done after the skirting, but I'm unsure how neat it would be...
The only problem with doing it before the skirting is what if it has to be removed...

Also are you in Vic? Can you recommend a person to lay the vinyl ?
l am having it in wet areas,house has just started,l have been told you can
have it before skirt or after.
pattycake4
l am having it in wet areas,house has just started,l have been told you can
have it before skirt or after.

Yes you can definitely have it in wet areas. What did you do about skirting in the wet areas?

And are you having skirting done before the vinyl? I'll be interested to see the quality of the job...are you in Victoria?
Yes i am in vic,l am thinking before skirtings.l am dealing with flooring co
in Kilmore they have done lots of vinyl planks ,they have their own installers.
going to have a look at their work.l know they don't do beading if you decide
to install after skirt,said installer does very neat job.How long before you have
yours installed.
I'm in Vic

I'm overseas Jan - Feb and then the build starts in Feb, the builder is confident he can build within 3 months, but I'll wait and see

The planning permit has already gone to the neighbors...

It would be great to see some pictures once they are installed

I've opted flooring, kitchen splashback and bathroom wall coverings out of the build as I'm going to choose my own suppliers. I think I have some ideas for the kitchen & bathroom, still sorting out the flooring.
Sorry, I'm not in Vic so can't help with installers. Wet areas here are polished porcelain tiles, vinyl planks are in the study. Personally I prefer the planks laid after the skirting as long as they cut the ends of each plank neatly, that was my only stipulation because I didn't want additional beading.

Many, many years ago my parents had vinyl planks in a bathroom and from memory they were coated with a sealer to protect from water ingress, the concrete bathroom floor curved upwards to regular skirting height. My father laid them himself and I remember he used my hairdryer to soften the planks to keep them pliable for the curved 'skirting'...so in effect the planks ran along the floor as usual, just continued up both walls for another 100mm or thereabouts.

The only difference is those vinyl planks were hideous colours, not timber-look like we have available now...there were four colours, turquoise, sage green, rose pink and ??? can't think of the last colour, but what a mixture....yuck!!!

Pattycake...PM sent
As others have said, there is no need for beading for vinyl planks.
If a layer says he needs to use it, I wouldn't let them do the job.
Experienced layers can cut neatly to fitted skirtings.
Although the plank laying is easier without the skirting in place
Thanks for the advice so far, I'll start looking for another installer
How did the company doing the wet area's do the waterproofing to meet building standards in the wet area's?

Did someone supply a waterproofing certificate?

Is there a floor waste in the room?

Why are they using scotia with vinyl Plank?

Is that scotia PVC or a MDF?

If its mdf or a timber product how long do you think it will last in a wet area?
Hi, I'm looking at the serfloor planks too.

Just wondered if you have had them put in yet and if you used their installers? If not, who did you use, are you happy with their job, and what did they charge?

I'm guessing that since serfloor's installation is so cheap, that's why they use the beading to cover up a quick job.

I'm considering that if we do use their installers, we'll remove the skirting boards and then replace it - it needs repainting anyway and I'm guessing skirting wont be much more expensive than the beading anyway. (Last time we bought skirting it was around $3 per meter)
I will not need the flooring until June approximately. I will be using installers that don't need beading
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum