Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Karndean flooring

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I have read a few posts about this flooring in this forum
Has anyone used it - If so what do u think of it?
Also appearances wise (it does look good in the showroom) but when used at home does it look like traditional vinyl ?
Any thoughts?
we want a carpet free home so are leaning towards tiles and maybe karndean - Timber is out of our budget.

Thanks
Also consider Marmoleum.

BTW, why do you want a carpet free house?

Ash.
So the dust bunnies can roam freely.
beegeers
Hi

I have read a few posts about this flooring in this forum
Has anyone used it - If so what do u think of it?
Also appearances wise (it does look good in the showroom) but when used at home does it look like traditional vinyl ?
Any thoughts?
we want a carpet free home so are leaning towards tiles and maybe karndean - Timber is out of our budget.

Thanks

Ask anyone who has used this flooring and they will give you nothing but positive feed back!

This is a very robust flooring!

No, when down on the floor, it does not look like traditional vinyl.

I would never hesitate to suggest Karndean to any of my clients.
Hi there,

We considered this flooring but decided against it. Did you know that you can go to their website and request samples.

We got a few delivered, then I stuck them to a few areas in the house and let the kids play on them and my hubby walk on them with his work boots. Scratches did show up on the samples and this was enough for hubby to say a big NO.

I tried telling him that it was not sealed, and that would make a difference to the finish, but it was still a NO. We were going to go with the Van Gogh range.

Hope this helps... (we ended up going with slate).
Adlse……shame you couldn’t get hubby to walk all over the slate before it was sealed with his boots on……and got the kids to play on it for a while.

THAT would have scratched as well!

These men…..
Related
6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum