Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

BIg River Blackbutt

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, I live in Perth and am building near the coast with Webb & Brown-Neaves.
I really wanted a timber floor with a nice limed look. the WBN display home Watersun has a beautiful floor. I talked to the supplier and it is Big River Blackbutt with a white stain Bona Satin.
Turns out its a engineered floor. I have to say in all the building things I've been through so far, timber floors have been the most baffling. I was quoted $195 m2 fully laid etc. Does that sound expensive to you. Is there anything I should know good or bad about engineered floors, especially stained ones? Do you have any other suggestions on how to get that bleached wood look. Many thanks for any input x x x
We just got quotes for our floors and its 12mm thick laminate (she called it engineered floor but DH reckons its laminate) . We're getting pearwood but there was a blackbutt colour - for our whole house (not including bedrooms) we got quoted for $5950 laid - not sure how much it is per m2. I think around $70m2 - but im not 100%. We're also paying extra $450 to have soundproof underlay. So total $6400

Heres our floorplan - blue areas is floorboards. Also photo of our colour - if you look to far left is that the blackbutt colour?

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq27/LeanneRowe/Ourflooring.jpg http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq27/LeanneRowe/Ourfloorboards.jpg

Hope this helps - if it does i can tell you company so you can go look in person
Thanks Leanne, That does look similar to what I was looking at. Can you tell me where you ordered from. Many thanks. What would we do without the forum.
It's from trevors carpet. Not sure where your located but mandurah store were very helpful!! Rockingham store we found useless. My friend says osbourne park store are fantastic too
Osborne Park is close I will go and see them soon.
Many thanks for your help Leanne
Great, let me know how you go
Related
You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum