Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Family room rug - FINALLY GOT IT!

Page 3 of 5
Yes, you'd think so Ash.
But I'm constantly stunned as to how many people are just not techno savvy with the basics or more disappointingly, couldn't be bothered.
Southies
But I'm constantly stunned as to how many people are just not techno savvy with the basics or more disappointingly, couldn't be bothered.

Yup, I'm sure it's the latter. I really like the basket weave rug; the texture adds a lot to the feel of the room. That would be a great sized rug for only $180. Of course, only you know if you can live with the fact that they're joined down the middle, Southies. If it's likely to irk you every time you look at it then no price is cheap enough!
xquisite
Of course, only you know if you can live with the fact that they're joined down the middle, Southies. If it's likely to irk you every time you look at it then no price is cheap enough!
true but for $180, I'msure I can live wiht it
I had a VERY Productive morning
Drove out to the Enmore retailer of these 2 ACRYLIC rugs, just to check out the colours :

&

Just gorgeous rugs but the colours were soooo dark -nothing like the pics
. Was about to walk out when the guy pulls out a custom-made WOOL !!! rug that his customers cancelled. BINGO!!! A wool rug for $180
Woo hoo.....DH is going to be soooo pleased with me
Southies
Was about to walk out when the guy pulls out a custom-made WOOL !!! rug that his customers cancelled. BINGO!!! A wool rug for $180

HUZZAH! You were rewarded for going across the bridge
What was the name of the store you went to?
Hey Mel - Amalgamated Textiles at Enmore. Really pleasant young & helpful guy. This is their ebay listing. Got lots & lots of stuff!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170440701143&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
but where is the picture of the rug you chose?
you'll see it after it's in situ ie in my family room.
Well that's that dilemma put to rest!

Next?
oh yes Ash.......there's always a 'next'!
As posted earlier, I have been searching for a green rug...........a particular green - it's gotta be lime or atleast have lime in it to match my other lime green items in the room :

Lots of greens out there, but they're wishy washy or pastel or anything but limey.

I am seriously having problems finding rugs like this
. Seriously!!! I've looked online, gone to bunnings, Harvey Norman, the usual rug outlets, spotlight & looked at overlocked carpet offcuts
I'm stumped!!!

Maybe I need to re-think the rug colour ............any suggestions that would go with lime ?
Our room has a lot of dark brown & taupe. Hence a punchy colour is needed.

Help H1ers
why didn't you say that from the beginning?
I did Ash, though at the time I wasn't specific about the exact shade of green because I wasn't sure that a 'limey' colour would be possible to find ............& I was right
:

Quote:
My dilemma is not being able to find a large GREEN wool rug, 3mt x 3mt, which isn't going to cost a bomb
Seems then that if you want specific colours such as lime green, forget broadloom carpets. Try to find a rug if you are lucky. Otherwise, its a matter of having a custom rug made to your specs. Here's a place here in Perth for example. They have a tufting machine and normally use 3 ply wool yarn. Wool can be beck dyed to any colour you like, and rugs made to pretty much any shape and size. http://www.artisanrugs.com.au/technology_frames.php

One last word.....

$$$$$
royalblue
Seems then that if you want specific colours such as lime green, forget broadloom carpets.
I did consider b/loom only because I was sure I'd find a shade that would suit our room. Since then, I've discovered that a lot of greens, particularly the paler shades, look 'washed out' in our family room. That's why I'm going for a brighter hue.

Quote:
Try to find a rug if you are lucky.
Lucky is the key word
. THey are out there but are either too small or are available online, which I won't risk buying from.

Quote:
Otherwise, its a matter of having a custom rug made to your specs. Here's a place here in Perth for example. They have a tufting machine and normally use 3 ply wool yarn. Wool can be beck dyed to any colour you like, and rugs made to pretty much any shape and size. http://www.artisanrugs.com.au/technology_frames.php
One last word.....$$$$$
Ahhhh yes, of course
. Anything & everything is possible if you have the $$$$. I don't

Thanks again for your input Ash. I'll wait until something pops up. It can happen..............
Southies
As posted earlier, I have been searching for a green rug...........a particular green - it's gotta be lime or atleast have lime in it to match my other lime green items in the room :

Lots of greens out there, but they're wishy washy or pastel or anything but limey.

I am seriously having problems finding rugs like this
. Seriously!!! I've looked online, gone to bunnings, Harvey Norman, the usual rug outlets, spotlight & looked at overlocked carpet offcuts
I'm stumped!!!

Maybe I need to re-think the rug colour ............any suggestions that would go with lime ?
Our room has a lot of dark brown & taupe. Hence a punchy colour is needed.

Help H1ers

Southies-if you decide to change the rug colour can I have your green accessories? Pleeease?
Aaah but DM, I was hoping to find a rug colour that would go with them.........sorry
Southies
I had a VERY Productive morning
Drove out to the Enmore retailer of these 2 ACRYLIC rugs, just to check out the colours :

&

Just gorgeous rugs but the colours were soooo dark -nothing like the pics
. Was about to walk out when the guy pulls out a custom-made WOOL !!! rug that his customers cancelled. BINGO!!! A wool rug for $180

So what happened to "BINGO"?
I guess there's nothing on ebay or something similar (another site is oztion and...grays auctions?) they might let you do inspections prior to purchase...
Southies
Aaah but DM, I was hoping to find a rug colour that would go with them.........sorry

Well, if you can't
Worth a try!

Actually, if you do find something let me know becasue I'll be looking for something along those lines for my computer nook.....about 3m x 2m though.....
Related
16/01/2024
Carpet is your next rug?

Interior Decorating Lounge

Did you know that you can get rugs made from carpet? So much cheaper than buying a shop rug. So many styles to choose from, but you won't get the highly patterned…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum