Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Cost of Laying Tiles

Page 1 of 1
We are building a new home in St George Area and looking at cost of tile flooring covering. Have visited few tiles shops, now wonder how much it would cost to lay the tiles. Please help with cost of laying the tiles. Anyone has good experiece with a tiler or can recomend a tiler, please PM me. Thanks,
Tiles vary in shape size and complexity of laying.
You would need to tell us what your selection is and a tiler
may respond with a cost
Tiles size would be either 600x600 or 600x300 in size, lay on concrete slab. Would we need screed finish to lay the tiles?
JaHouse - not all concrete floors need a screed topping

But they might need to be scraped to remove contaminants such as gyprock glue, gyprock
fillers, paint etc.
The larger the tile the greater the chance of requiring the screed. Also if the tiles have a rectified (square cut) edge. There is only so much that the tiles can deviate from the floor level using adhesive, to maintain a perfectly flat floor. The larger the tile the less you can humour(adjust) the tile, as the more it could lip with the following tile. So if you where using 600x600 or 300x600 there is a better than not chance you may need to screed it.....be it a new slab or a reno.
A tiler can check for you and show you if you have any major dips or highs in your slab.
Cheers
Charlie
The going rate for tile laying is as follows for 450 x 450 it is around $50 - $55 m2 and for 600 x 600 it can go from $70 m2 and upwards.

Craig
We were charged 1540 by the builder for laying 400x400 porcelain tiles in the laundry 8 m2 in size plus half tile high on the surrounding walling, which would make it around 12 m2. i guess one of the reasons why the cost is high is because these tiles have to be cut in half with precision to lay on the walls and that is hard work from what i have heard
GP - Is that inclusive of adhesive and grout?
Might help people if they know

Grout Perfect
The going rate for tile laying is as follows for 450 x 450 it is around $50 - $55 m2 and for 600 x 600 it can go from $70 m2 and upwards.

Craig
My tiler is charging me $25 per square metre to lay 450x450 sized tiles to 84sqm of flooring. I also pay an additional $550 for the adhevise and grout (and then of course there's the cost of the tiles LOL).
I'm in Sydney too and also looking for a reasonably priced tiler. If i have any luck i will be sure to pass on their details.

Cheers.
When tilers quote to lay that includes everything thinset, grout and cutting if you get a cheaper price becareful there is a reason for this the good tilers are hard to get as they a normally booked out 3 mths in advance.

Craig
Related
21/02/2024
Oil under boards before laying

General Discussion

I'm about to put down some Merbau. Is it necessary to oil underneath the boards before laying?

1/03/2024
Waterproofing slab before laying floor buttons....

General Discussion

Hey There. No problems re jumping in. My original question was "should I have waterproofed" the concrete slab before putting batons down. We have been told we should…

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum