Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Vinyl planks - help with quotes.. also anyone got pics?

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, we are in the process of planning our home renos... have our kitchen ordered and had Carpet One, Carpet Court and Carpet Choice do measures for vinyl. we are looking at the Van gogh range, love the wide planks. we were quoted $79m2..plus just over$1000 prep. does this sound reasonable??
for other ranges,like Polyfloor, Armstrong and Antico, its $67m2

anyone able to share pics?? i would appreciate it!!
We're building brand new and we saw the Karndean range at the HIA show and we feel in love with them. We couldn't believe it was vinly.

We also went to Carpet court and got a price and they were a bit pricey. So l hunted around to see where l could get the best deal.

There is a place in Melbourne which were not bad, he sometimes has last batches for a cheap price. We were going to go thru him, but then l started looking on ebay and l found someone were selling left overs in the GERFLOR range, so we bought the lot off them real cheap. l haven't got any pics, as we havent even started building yet.
This blog has Karndean flooring, sorry I can't remember what range it's from.

http://wallace-cremorne41.blogspot.com/

Looks and feels great
We have just laid the Karndean Vinyl Plank flooring. We actually also chose the Van Gough range in Lancewood. It is difficult for us to compare prices as we had a friend who works in the industry supply and lay the product for us.

We are extremely happy with the look and feel of the product. We are not living in our home yet, we are at mum and dad's while the renovation and extension is complete, we are nearly there now, just painting to go.

Here are some pics.

They are the best photos I have on this computer. There are some others on my facebook, link here

Hope that helps.
Thanks everyone!! i don't have a alot of choice unfortunately, in regards to quotes and installation.. there are only a fwe places i can choose from and we won't do it ourselves.

Thanks so much for the link to the blog.. i saw that before somewhere.. i had been looking for it too!! have they been polished/sealed? with what?

Ellyash, your renos look amazing!!! the floors are beautiful.. i also love your kitchen.. wow. i cannot wait for my new kitchen. did you seal your floors or are you planning to?
i think i like the Van Gogh Auckland Oak.. not sure yet though
Thanks for the comments on our home, we are really happy with the renovation and cannot wait to get back home.

We had quotes from some places and one of the salesman advised us not to have the floors sealed. He said the high gloss seal would make it really obvious if the floor wasn't completely level, and also if it is in a high traffic area the sealer would wear off in that place. We are happy with the finish we have without the seal.

I would say that the floors in the blog have been sealed, they look a lot more glossy than ours.

Hope that helps.
Andrea
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum