Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

We bought tiles! (Best discount tile place EVER!)

Page 1 of 1
We are organizing the floor tiles ourself for all the non wet rooms of the house, and decided today was a good day to go out looking and maybe pick up a bargain in the end of year sales. For ages I have loved this polished concrete tile but could never really justify the costs, so figured I would have to settle on something inferior. We looked a Beaumonts and found a couple we liked, at about $60 sqm, which was really pushing the budget.

So we decided to check out the Tile Liquidators out at Port Melbourne, as they were having a sale on already discounted stock. So we wandered around, quite impressed with the selection of tiles and how cheap they all were. Then lo and behold, in the back row, MY TILE!!!!!!! Exactly the one I loved, 600 x 600, polished concrete, at........ $38sqm! I couldn't believe it. Hubby loved it too, so no need to convince him

So checked with the sales guy, and he said there was plenty of stock coming in, as that isn't even a seconds tile, they order that in as stock, so we could get what we wanted all from the same batch! So it only cost us $2800 for out floor tiles, when I had budgeted about $4000! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

BTW, anyone looking for their tiles, check this place out, they had great stuff http://www.tileliquidators.com.au/
Well done Lostris.
Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the same situation as you, Lostris, going to buy tiles for all non wet areas ourselves. That's 177 M2 floor surface. Wish there was a shop like that in QLD.

Good luck
Congrats on the ripper deal - markup on tiles is crazy
Fantastic. I love it when you strike a bargain!
...did you take a photo of them?
my camera died so no photo yet
this is similar but in the honed finish, while we got polished.

http://shopping.tile.com.au/TilesBathro ... 0x600.aspx
Will have to check out that place and the tile you have chosen is really close to what Im looking for and at such a fantastic price. Just wondering if you know where their tiles come from, ie. are they from China, Italy, Spain etc. Can't wait to see pics of the tiles layed
I have bookmarked that link, thanks so much for sharing. We will be looking for outdoor tiles for an enclosed patio after we moved into the new house. I want the big 450 x 450 ones and they are quite expensive.

Cheers
katie08
Will have to check out that place and the tile you have chosen is really close to what Im looking for and at such a fantastic price. Just wondering if you know where their tiles come from, ie. are they from China, Italy, Spain etc. Can't wait to see pics of the tiles layed

China apparently, but most tiles come out of their now anyway, unless you want to pay $100 per sqm
i loveeee the look of those tiles!
exactly what we're looking for as well!!

unfortunately Canberra doesn't have any tile outlet type places like that

might have to make a trip or two to sydney and hopefully get as good a deal!!
For those in Qld, we bought our tiles at National Tiles, it was a weekend carpark sale they advertised on the radio. We Bought 100sqm of sealed porcelain 450 x 450 tiles made in AU for $15 a sqm. We avoided the China ones, they were tempting at 10sqm, but not when you can buy locally made. Don't know how often they have these sales, but definitely worth looking in to.
Hi Lostris,

I was seraching around the fourm for polished tiles + cost when i came across your thread. We too would love polished concrete floors but in an apartment theres just no way body corporate would let us.

Would you mind posting some pictures of your lovely polished tiles?

Were in Sydney otherwise i would be rushing out to have a look at the tile liquidator.

Cheers.
Hi Nic, you cant see them great in this pic, but you can get a bit of an idea. Its only on my phone as I've lost my camera download cable

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p416/Lostris_01/007.jpg
Thats a fantastic bargain Lostris!!

I also got a great deal on my tiles, as the tile shop was having a 60% off sale hehehehee
WOW!!!

Thank you Lostris for sharing!

They look fanastic... exactly what i'm after...
Fingers crossed i can get something similiar for the same price...

Thanks again!!!
Related
5/03/2024
What type of tile is best for outdoor patios?

Outdoor Living

Natural stone tiles like slate, travertine, and limestone add a timeless, elegant look to…

19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum