Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Perth carpenter recommendations for laminate

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have any carpenters in Perth they would recommend to install my floating laminate flooring?
PM sent
do you really need a carpenter to install floating floor, and do you really need a good one at that.
No you don't need a carpenter but I don't have the time or inclination to do it myself.
sorry sooty didnt mean to sound like that. I was just thinking that a carpenter is over qualified for what you want to do, and depending on the area you have to do, it shouldnt take that long, i was thinking that it would take longer to find someone then to attempt it yourself of course if you had the time that is.
It seems that it generally is a carpenter who does this type of job, based on me speaking to the people who actually sell the laminate. Those who do not have installers employed usually have the numbers of carpenters I can call. So I don't know who else (in terms of a tradesman) does it. I don't even want to attempt it myself and I also want some doors hung and them to do some skirting boards, so getting a carpenter is probably going to be the easiest way to get all three done.

I have spoken to a few carpenters in Perth and they're quite reasonable in terms of cost and generally slightly lower than the install that comes with supply, but the killer is the skirting boards! I was quoted over $1700 for skirting boards in the entire house. That's a huge amount and it seems a little high to me.
Related
25/07/2023
Peeling plastic laminate - advice on removal?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

At a bit of a loss on this one - we're thinking the original owners never removed the protective laminate covers from their kitchen cabinets after installation and in the…

17/10/2023
Hybrid Laminate

General Discussion

We are doing heaps of hybrid at the moment and the cost sits between $60-65/sqm including installation. Stairs are around $90-100 each

25/11/2023
Laminate flooring and curved brick hearth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Just about completed a renovation project and hit a small issue that we didn’t see We have laminate floors now where we had tiles before (turned out it was actually 2…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum