Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Where to buy carpet? (Melbourne)

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are currently building a new home and have told the builder not to supply the carpet.

We are looking for ahigh quality carpet, and have picked one out from a shop in Auburn, (think it was Carpet World?).

We'd like to compare prices and quality with a few other places though, so can anyone recomend a good carpet store that does decent carpet, but farily priced?

We're in Balwyn, building in Berwick - but will look anywhere if it's a particulary good shop.

Cheers.
Western Distributors in Sunshine seem to be the place of choice for many people.
But there's a carpet place near Blackburn station called Hoskins. Petal put a few of us on to them. They won't be the cheapest, but for personalised, quailty service and advice, they can't be beaten. They stock some beautiful 100% wool carpets as well as the usual ranges.

I'd personally steer clear of *** after Phoenix's experience, but other forumites have only positive things to say about them.

Jo
Great, thanks for the info. We'll probably go and try the one near Blackburn this weekend.

Cheers.
Guys,

Try Tony @ Glendale carpets.

He did our house, the cinema at the office and several other properties for me.

Good price, good selection and very professional.

Feel free to name drop as well, he is one of the few trades that have not p**sed me off

9702 3950 and they are in Hallam...
Try this link
http://www.woolset.com.au/
Pughs Carpet in Ashburton on High Street.

I've had carpet layed with them for years and years, and they have been in the business for about 50. They are not the cheapest either, but have quite an extensive range.
Try Complete Carpet they are in Blackburn and Bayswater, always done the right thing by me.
Western Dist. are easily the cheapest in Melbourne,however laying quality is notoriously hit and miss.{good layers won't work for that money}
Pugh's used to be the benchmark of quality and service in Melbourne,but now use a laying sevice called Carpet logistics.I have some experience with that company,none of it good.In fact you could end up with a "trainee layer" with no more than six months experience out at your place!

I would prefer a company that used the same layers day in,day out.

Having said that,in terms of warranty and dispute resolutions,it is better if you choose a big company whose buying power ensures they have the muscle to get manufacturer's moving,if and when you are unsatisfied.

P.S.Carpet Call are a definite NO NO NO NO
Rastus
Pugh's used to be the benchmark of quality and service in Melbourne,but now use a laying sevice called Carpet logistics.I have some experience with that company,none of it good.In fact you could end up with a "trainee layer" with no more than six months experience out at your place!

Mmmm...interesting. I'll definitely be asking for their best layer, or if I'm not 100% satisfied, they won't be getting their money.
Stormy,I PM'd you
what about the carpet call or ***? Are those guys good?
Has anyone tried them?
We used Western Distributors and couldn't fault them. The prices were easily the best we'd seen in Melbourne ( and we saw a lot
) and they had an enormous selection of carpets from those for the budget-conscious to the more extravagant.

The best thing though was the process for getting the carpets installed was just so easy. They did everything they said they would, when they would and to an excellent standard.

You would be crazy not to go there and at least consider what is on offer.
Related
19/05/2023
Compact Toilet/Powder - Where to Buy

Bathrooms and Laundry

Looking at some of the designs on websites, they are all selling very similar products. I get that you want something stylish. It's worth looking for search terms like SaveH2O…

16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros