Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Vinyl Plank issues

Page 1 of 1
My husband and I purchased our home just over 3 years ago, the previous owner built the house 18 months prior to that. We have the Kenbrock Vinyl Planks installed which look great, except they’re all lifting - all of them! Our home is quite large and the floor space they occupy is in a large area - kitchen, living and walk in pantry. We have had Kenbrock (and Carpet Court the installer) out to look at them twice since we have been in our house. The first time, a guy came and just reglued (over existing glue mind you) the lifting ones, which weren’t that many then. My husband told the guy we’d see him again as they’d lift again. So, they came back and assessed the whole floor, agreeing that they could see it was all lifting.

Neither party is now willing to admit fault and have both wiped their hands. In fact Kenbrock didn’t want to tell us the problem - they had carpet court contact us to say there is nothing they (Carpet Court) can do. Carpet court have claimed the planks must be faulty and are shrinking and had initially told us they’d talk to Kenbrock about having them replaced as there is no way the product should lift all over the place. I have a feeling Kenbrock will say that it’s the installation and it will be pushed back and forth.

Has anyone ever experienced this with a Kenbrock (or similar) product? I don’t know what my next step is. My feeling is that we shouldn’t be liable to replace a whole floor because of either a faulty product or bad installation job - regardless of whether we are the original purchasers of the product or not.

Any insight would be wonderful!
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum