Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Tiles in bedroom

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
Would like to hear people opinion on tiles in bedroom. We do not want carpet in the house and so we asked Carlisle homes for tiles except laminate in the bedrooms. The response was it cannot be done due to different thickness. Either all tiles or all laminate. We like laminate but find that it can be problematic with squeaky sounds, need to protect from fluids/moisture etc..so we are thinking of tiles. But we have not experienced tiles in the bedroom, wondering if it is a good idea? Anyone kindly share their experiences or thoughts please?
Thanks!
Never had tiles in a bedroom but have had terrazzo floors throughout a house. Wasn't an issue, easier to keep clean than carpets just be aware that they'll be cold in winter when you first climb out of bed.
The home builder is trying to tell you that the Tile Thickness is different from the Laminate Floor Thickness when they are installed direct to slab but even a slightly qualified tradie can make the levels meet, it will just require a little bit of materials to make it works but it happens every day on all sorts of builds.
Splashers
The home builder is trying to tell you that the Tile Thickness is different from the Laminate Floor Thickness when they are installed direct to slab but even a slightly qualified tradie can make the levels meet, it will just require a little bit of materials to make it works but it happens every day on all sorts of builds.

Precisely.
We've got bamboo floors throughout and all the installers had to do was chamfer down the plank that butted up against the tiles in the laundry and bathroom.
i think the bigger question here is why would you want to put tiles in a bedroom? its certainly not for aesthetics.
Thank you all kind souls. I don't want carpet in the house. Would like to have laminate in the bedrooms but the builder said if we want that, we must have laminate in the other areas. We prefer tiles as much as possible as we had floating boards all along and find them not as sturdy as tiles.
Related
17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

30/06/2023
Bedroom Windows

Building A New House

Hi, I'm planning to build a new house and wanted to get some feedback on the different window designs for a master bedroom. Our bedroom is north facing and the bed will…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum