Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

Window colour

Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am confused whether to pick black, silver or white windows. Going for austral pepper bricks which looks like this.

What is the motivation with windows, is it how it looks from outside with the brick? Anything else to consider? What did you pick and any pictures please?
Thanks
People tends to look through or past darker frames, whereas you will notice lighter-coloured frames more. Look through black and white insect screens and you will see what I mean. That said, unless your frames are thermally-broken or a non-metallic material (timber, uPVC, etc), then be aware that darker colours will attract more heat which will transfer into the house, whereas white will reflect some heat away. After those considerations, it pretty much comes down to what look you like.
My suggestion is that silver color for windows would be perfect because bricks are already dark. If you choose black then it will show same colour overall and also may look less appealing. I also like a bronze color windows with this color brick wall.
Related
4/04/2024
Window frame colour

Windows & Doors

Also we are planning a new monument front fence too

14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum