Join Login
Building ForumWindow Furnishings

Ideas for window treatment over sliding doors in bathroom???

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for window treatments to go over a sliding door in an ensuite? Being in a bathroom, it needs to tolerate a bit of moisture. Given that the ensuite opens up onto our bedroom, I would also like it to coordinate with our bedroom window. We had been considering either curtains and sheers or roman blinds with a sheer roller blind for our bedroom window. Can roman blinds go over a sliding door? Do you think it would it look odd if we had one time of window treatment in the ensuite and a different one on the front window? I don't like the look of verticals which is probably the obvious choice in this situation.
Hi, Romans are fine for sliding doors but are not ideal. You will need a sheer Roller blind under the roman for privacy, but I prefer a sheer roller blind and a block out roller blind because it is more practical, and we can use a mold resistant fabric. Also It wouldn’t look odd having different window treatments but in most cases most people use the same. Any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me Mark 9078 9660 from Into Blinds www.intoblinds.com.au
Have you thought about panel glide blinds in the same material as you use in the bedroom? Nicer looking than verticals but not such a pain as I think a roller blind might be for a sliding door.

Let us know what you decide,
Ruth
Related
14/05/2023
Sliding Doors

General Discussion

we have a standard size and often we have a lot of variety to choose

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

5/09/2023
Sliding doors direction

General Discussion

Pls help! The black marks show where our outdoor entertaining area would be along side of house as we have an irregular backyard and want to make use of the side as…

You are here
Building ForumWindow Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum