Bed bugs are the nasty and weird creatures that no one wants in their home or mattress. These parasites love to suck your blood during the nights and they hide in deep secret places in the daytime because they are allergic to the lights.
Where do Bed Bugs Live?
Normally bed bugs don’t make their shelter inside the mattress they live in the tufts, underneath buttons, folds and underneath parts of the mattress. Even they can reach the box spring as they like dark, crevices and cracks.
Do The Bed Bugs Live in a Memory Foam Mattress?
The answer for this question is little tricky, no bed bug can reach deeper into any type of mattress, generally, they don’t live inside the foam of the mattress but they are likely to live inside the spring box of the mattress. But don’t stay still if your mattress has holes or cracks where the bed bugs can easily gain an entry they will definitely reach inside the mattress.
The fortunate thing about the memory foam mattress is that they are manufactured with fewer tufts and folds compared to the other mattress. It is very difficult for the bugs to hide in a place where there are no tufts and folds. Even the foam mattress doesn’t have the buttons and seams that the regular mattress have. In this way, the memory foam mattress is a good choice if you are worried about bed bugs in your home. Be careful if the covers of the mattress are torn definitely the bed bugs make their shelter inside the mattress. One of the best ways to prevent your mattress from bed bugs is, purchase a good mattress protector that is impervious to the bed bugs, dirt, dust mites and waterproof too.
Deluxe Mattress Cleaning and maintenance is highly important to keep these types of creatures always away from the mattress.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs in The Memory Foam Mattress
- The first step starts with washing the beddings, wash your bed sheets, pillows and blankets thoroughly by using laundry detergent and baking soda
- Vacuum your mattress thoroughly as vacuuming will suck up all the eggs and live bugs from the mattress. Regular vacuuming is highly helpful to remove dust, mites, dirt, bed bugs and other harmful pathogens.
- Mattress steam cleaning is one of the effective ways to kill the beg bugs easily. Purchase an effective mattress steam cleaner or rent a steam cleaner in your nearby mattress cleaning company.
- Boric acid is one of the amazing ingredients that will effectively kill bed bugs and other insects from the mattress. This powder is poisonous to the both human and pests. Humans who have higher exposure to the boric acid will fall sick soon. If you applied boric acid in a particular room avoid using the room for a while.
- After following all the above steps, if you still face the bed bug problem it is time to call the mattress cleaning professional to handle the issue.