Join Login
Building ForumSoft Furnishings

Question for Michelle, or anyone Measuring for Blinds/Drapes

Page 1 of 1
Hi, can anyone tell me at what point can I get my Curtain Guy to come and measure for the Blinds/Drapes? The windows are in, but no plaster yet. I don't want to ring him again and ask this question as I feel like a pest.
Hah, you're really itching to get stuff in
Wait till your plaster and architraves are up. It only takes less than month (like 2-3 weeks?) for basic blinds and venetians to be installed so any quote you get now probably won't be valid when it comes time to doing it.
deb17
Hi, can anyone tell me at what point can I get my Curtain Guy to come and measure for the Blinds/Drapes? The windows are in, but no plaster yet. I don't want to ring him again and ask this question as I feel like a pest.

You can take you floor plan to him and he can quote from that.
But make sure the plan has all your measurements of the house on it.

Or you wait till the architraves and reveals are on and get him to go and measure and quote.
Michelle
deb17

You can take you floor plan to him and he can quote from that.
But make sure the plan has all your measurements of the house on it.

Or you wait till the architraves and reveals are on and get him to go and measure and quote.

Thank's Michelle, he has allready gave us a quote from the plan, but he said once he can get in and measure properly, to let him know. Some of the window sizes changed after the initial plan they are actually bigger, sliding doors, he said he will not put the quote up, it would still stay the same. I want to get him in before they lock us out for good,
He is putting in our tracks for the drapes on the sliders, sheers, blinds etc....
Sheepdog
Hah, you're really itching to get stuff in
Wait till your plaster and architraves are up. It only takes less than month (like 2-3 weeks?) for basic blinds and venetians to be installed so any quote you get now probably won't be valid when it comes time to doing it.

I am so organised, I can't help myself. He has quoted allready of the plan, even though some of the windows are now bigger due to the builder using a different company, he has said the price wont go up. He owns a pretty well known company in the area, now works from home, a perfectionist I have been told, so he wants to measure as soon as possible. We are having some drapes made and sheers on tracks, and blinds. A great price as well.
Related
31/12/2023
Measuring drill bits sizes

General Discussion

I have a box of quality drill bits that seem to be new but their engraved sizes covered by rust ,,,,I tried to sand them to see their sizes but still I am finding…

21/04/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

I have motorised roller blinds in my house. I motorised all the blinds I use a lot and the ones that don’t get used too often I didn’t. I went through Motorise My…

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

You are here
Building ForumSoft Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum