Join Login
Building ForumSoft Furnishings

Bed Linen recommendations?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone possibly has any bed linen/sheet recommendations other than the "usual" Sheridan, etc?

We have recently ordered a new bed and mattress for our master bedroom and looking for some new linen to go with it all!

This will probably be our only opportunity for a while to splurge on some nice sheets...so hoping to find something a little more luxurious than every day sheets!

I know pretty much nothing about what makes good sheets, so any advice would be great!!

Thanks heaps
Adam
You will often hear people talk about thread counts when in actual fact, it is not really relevant. 300 or 5000 doesn't matter, it is about the thickness of them and the material used.
Boutique, Linen House and Tencel are some really good quilt/sheet brands. Tencel only make sheets and pillows though from memory.
If you happen to be in Melbourne, check out the store "Abode" on Campberwell road in Campberwell (they also have an online store too so you can order from them anyway). It has a massive range of luxury egyption cotton stuff.
Failing that, Bed Shed stores often have some unique stuff and they are all over the place.
Hi BuildingACT,

I have often heard good things about Targets 1000TC sheets which they periodically have on special.

There are also a few other good ideas on this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12724&hilit=what+sheets+do+you+love%3F

I haven't tried the bamboo ones yet but have a pair of bamboo cotton knickers which are wonderfully soft.

How is your house going BuildingACT? Have you got a build thread or some pics somewhere? *goes off to search posts*
Thanks for the advice guys!

Since I started building this house I've become the most indecisive person in the world and every decision seems far too complicated!!
haha

donuts - i have to admit to having been a terrible forum member and not having put any photos up yet! I keep intending to, but haven't yet found the time to sit down and actually do it! In fact, I've been so bad I havent even taken many photos in the last couple of months!

BUT, I will endeavour to get some up shortly!! In the meantime, if anyone wants to share the latest stage of my build...google "Pandomo" and you can take a look at the floor I just had poured in my family/kitchen/dining - it's AWESOME

Thanks again!
Adam
I know linen house currently have a lovely range of Organic sheets. Also Aura do beautiful colours in the 410 thread count & 600 thread count.
I have a linen fetish and have tried sooo many different sheets. The Target 1000 thread count sheets are the best ever and I won't sleep on anything else now!
(No I am not a paid spokesperson
)
BuildingACT
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone possibly has any bed linen/sheet recommendations other than the "usual" Sheridan, etc?

We have recently ordered a new bed and mattress for our master bedroom and looking for some new linen to go with it all!

This will probably be our only opportunity for a while to splurge on some nice sheets...so hoping to find something a little more luxurious than every day sheets!

I know pretty much nothing about what makes good sheets, so any advice would be great!!

Thanks heaps
Adam

Hi Adam,

I think I can help you out, There is a new concept luxury bed linen new to the market, it's called Coshee, short for cover sheet. In short the top sheet attaches to the duvet cover with a range of press studs, it is an eco friendly product minimises the need to wash the duvet cover as the top sheet stays in place protecting the cover it self.
The Classic range currently comes in 4 colours black, beige, grey and White (there are also other covers available). They also have the attached Bamboo sheet, which are beautiful and soft and also hygienic. If you team it with the Mulberry Silk Duvet which has an aloe vera infused waterproof cover, it makes for the ideal night's sleep. I have attached the website so you can have a look for yourself. I highly recommend this product, and IMO beats sheridan quality hands down.
If you have any question's please don't hesitate to contact me.
Regards
Alicia

http://www.coshee.com/
I get all my sheet sets from http://www.deluxelinen.com.au. V. soft egyptian cotton & incredibly cheap! I prefer them to the target 1000 count ones as they are softer.
We have 1000TC from both Target and Adairs. Adairs are far superior. Shame they were more than double the price. You get what you pay for.
Keep a lookout in your Aldi catalogue as they sometimes do a hotel collection range which is really nice and wear well. The last lot they had were egyptian cotton and I grabbed queen sheets, doona cover, coverlet and valance for about $200
xquisite
I get all my sheet sets from http://www.deluxelinen.com.au. V. soft egyptian cotton & incredibly cheap! I prefer them to the target 1000 count ones as they are softer.

I agree although the colours are limited the quality is amazing.
sometimes grays online can be good...but they have become very popular/well known so the prices are not what they used to be
mdzzj
xquisite

I agree although the colours are limited the quality is amazing.

Laura Ashley online store during sale time, $80 european pillowcase for $20 , saving over $200 on single bed doona covers, my delivery has arrived today
Here in NZ we have Wallace cotton, I think they have a Australian website also. They have lovely velvet covers and cushions that are very dressy and warm looking for a colder climate. Also have some modern looks for the bedroom. i have used some of their lovely cushions with a plainer duvet to good effect.
Bensons - theirs are great quality and great price online
I buy from these guys.
http://www.ecodownunder.com/

I am lucky as we have stores near us but they sell online as well. We love their sheets! They are manufactured in Australia from selected cottons (overseas), they do not dress their fabrics with weird chemicals so they do not have that strange smell that many High $$ leading chains sheets do.

Hope this helps,
Michelle
xquisite

Thanks for that, I just ordered some. I love their natural colour rang to - will blend with anything
Emohruo
I buy from these guys.
http://www.ecodownunder.com/

I am lucky as we have stores near us but they sell online as well. We love their sheets! They are manufactured in Australia from selected cottons (overseas), they do not dress their fabrics with weird chemicals so they do not have that strange smell that many High $$ leading chains sheets do.

Hope this helps,
Michelle

Wow, want to buy some of these now. Reasonably priced, stunning colours and they support Sea Shepherd to boot!
What I learnt in my sheet shopping days was that targets 1000 thread count sheets are actually 500 threads split in 2 to make 1000. 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton in my experience has a heavier feel than the target ones. I much prefer the bamboo cotton sheets to Egyptian or Pima myself. Sleeping naked is a wonderful feeling
it does come down to personal preference though so just feel all the options and see which ones you prefer and for what price you want to pay

viewtopic.php?t=76386
Five year old thread alert! But on the general topic of linen, we bought vintage washed linen from Adairs for our open homes and I cannot wait til they're over and I can use it for myself! Ok so yes it is pretty impractical but it just feels so good

Related
9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

30/06/2023
Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

General Discussion

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

You are here
Building ForumSoft Furnishings
Home
Pros
Forum