Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Buying land with 2m fill

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

My land has a 2000mm fill in it on the east side and 700mm on the other side (Please refer the photo).
Also, there is a retaining wall on the side that it has 2m filling.

Can you give me a guide how much risk / site cost I will be looking at?

Cheers,
Dilhan

If the developer provides a compaction certificate (preferably level 1) that means that regulated/clean fill has been imported that has been monitored by an RPEQ engineer as it has been layered.

I would only be concerned if the developer cannot provide a level one compaction cert.

I terms of costs, if level 1 compaction has been provided than in theory your slab costs should be minimal.
Thank you Rhetti, I will check this with the developer.
We had a level 1 compaction certificate but our builder's engineers didn't care. They would only consider what the soil tests showed is actually there. Our site costs were 31k including screw piles. This was about 3 years ago. In our estate some builders did take the word of the compaction certificate and lowered costs, some didn't. It sucked at the time but I feel better now knowing that we have the screw piles.
Same here, I was happy to pay extra for screw piles for peace of mind.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

12/09/2023
Sand or soil to fill in a trench

General Discussion

sand is better drainage than soil

16/11/2023
Plaster meets wood - how to fill

Building A New House

yeah i couldnt picture it issue either, but i could clearly picture what they were doing wrong haha

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum