Feb 05, 2020 2:16 am
First home buyer here with no previous property market experience. Am considering to buy a land and construct in Bridgeman Hilltop estate in Bridgeman Downs, QLD. I have some basic questions in mind before making a decision.
1. Price - Is the list price on the lot usually negotiable? If yes, what’s the price we can target to achieve compared to the list price?
2. Role of solicitor - what is the role of solicitor? How do we engage them in this process?
3. Finance approval - when is ideal time to start working on finances given the title is expected 4-5 months from now?
4. Recommendations for builder - would anyone recommend any good builders in this area? Is it better to use a custom builder or a volume builder?
5. Any suggestions on precast concrete home builders known in this area?
Hoping for some general do’s and don’ts when deciding to build your first home. Thanks in advance!
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
the_doesnotexistbuying an old house with big block of landbuying an old house with big block of land
I did a post recently viewtopic.php?p=1873900#p1873900 As mentioned above, 700sqm would be unlikely to subdivide. Mine is 750sqm and that's probably the minimum I'd go…
ElleLeeBelleBuying Land that needs clearing - worth it?Buying Land that needs clearing - worth it?
Hi! Sorry if this is an obvious query. We are looking at buying a small acerage of land in Tas (ideally outside Hobart) and there are some very affordable lots that have…
bluberryBuying land before finished developed-site feesBuying land before finished developed-site fees
The real estate was insisting that a subject to soil test would not be allowed once we paid the deposit, but i managed to get her to agree to let us soil test to check for rocks.