Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Schofields Akuna Vista

Page 2 of 3
pnagella
admirer
Just received geo tech report. Says have to pierce 2.8m for the slab due to land filled by Akuna Vista.

Anyone else had this report on their land and how much did your builder charge?

Hi, is this Stage 1 or 2 of Akuna Vista release ?

Stage 1
firstHome21
admirer
Just received geo tech report. Says have to pierce 2.8m for the slab due to land filled by Akuna Vista.

Anyone else had this report on their land and how much did your builder charge?

I will keep you updated with mine. What is your lot number?

Hi guys anyone here got the approvals to start building from Stage 1 ? If so how smooth or difficult was the process ?
pnagella
Hi guys anyone here got the approvals to start building from Stage 1 ? If so how smooth or difficult was the process ?

Hey Pnagella

we have the approvals from the Developers now. It took more than two weeks. The approver at DHA happened to be on leave for more than 2 weeks.

Now sending it to the council for DA.
pnagella

Mine with Council. Been 2 weeks, no update yet.
trump-pepa
pnagella

Hey Pnagella

we have the approvals from the Developers now. It took more than two weeks. The approver at DHA happened to be on leave for more than 2 weeks.

Now sending it to the council for DA.

Great news, I thought land was registered in June or did it take longer ? Also I was informed that the land is bio diversity certified and hence may have issues in getting DA approvals.
admirer
pnagella

Mine with Council. Been 2 weeks, no update yet.

Great, I was told Blacktown council takes 6-8 weeks turn around time depending on volume of applications.
Hello guys,

Thanks for sharing information & congratulations on your new build. Its a great area and definitely station proximity is a big plus.
We've recently got a 300 sqm plot as well for stage 2. Now understanding various builder quotations, which is the most tricky part
. We are planning to get a single story.

Hope things are progressing well with people building in Stage 1. Could you guys share more information around your construction and progress, which could help people like us planning for stage 2
. I have few specific queries, and welcome any other experience you have had and would like to share.

- Has anyone gone for CDC instead of council approval. What setbacks were you able to get an approval for?
- How did the land evaluation go?
- What have been your site costs? I am seeing an average of 10K site costs... and 5K of BASIX in lot of pre-tender quotations. Has anyone experienced being charged more when the land registers and the builder actually starts working?
- What is the average build time being quotes by your builders? I am seeing an average of 6 months from slab, however few builders are claiming 4 months for single story. Not sure how realistic is 4 months.

Thanks
tj25
Hello guys,

Thanks for sharing information & congratulations on your new build. Its a great area and definitely station proximity is a big plus.
We've recently got a 300 sqm plot as well for stage 2. Now understanding various builder quotations, which is the most tricky part

Hope things are progressing well with people building in Stage 1. Could you guys share more information around your construction and progress, which could help people like us planning for stage 2
. I have few specific queries, and welcome any other experience you have had and would like to share.

- Has anyone gone for CDC instead of council approval. What setbacks were you able to get an approval for?
- What have been your site costs? I am seeing an average of 10K site costs... and 5K of BASIX in lot of pre-tender quotations. Has anyone experienced being charged more when the land registers and the builder actually starts working?
- What is the average build time being quotes by your builders? I am seeing an average of 6 months from slab, however few builders are claiming 4 months for single story. Not sure how realistic is 4 months.

Thanks

Hi TJ25

Went through CDC - quicker process as compared to Council - I am building a double-story - front setbacks are similar to council or CDC - backyard setbacks differ and i think you can get away with as little as 3m in CDC.

The land valuation was on par with the contract price for both pre & post-construction.

Have paid $7k extra in site costs - there is a lot of fill and thus need deep piers.

6-7 months is what we have been told as well - single storey is very much achievable in 4 months. A friend of ours had 2 storey handed over in 4 months.

Enjoy the journey.

PS: THere is also an AKUNA VISTA OWNERS WhatsApp group if you need more info - DM your Lot # and Phone number and will get you added if not yet on that group.
This is great info and will help lot of other buyers on this thread. Much appreciated.

trump-pepa
tj25
Hello guys,

Thanks

Hi TJ25

Went through CDC - quicker process as compared to Council - I am building a double-story - front setbacks are similar to council or CDC - backyard setbacks differ and i think you can get away with as little as 3m in CDC.

The land valuation was on par with the contract price for both pre & post-construction.

Have paid $7k extra in site costs - there is a lot of fill and thus need deep piers.

6-7 months is what we have been told as well - single storey is very much achievable in 4 months. A friend of ours had 2 storey handed over in 4 months.

Enjoy the journey.
@trump-pepa: Thanks for the information.... this is quite helpful. Much Appreciated.
I have dropped you a DM with our lot number & my contact for the whatsapp group.
Hi, I would like to get added to the Akuna Vista owners whatsapp group. Can someone help me regarding that? Thanks
Please PM me with your details:
Name
Lot num
Contact
Builder (if finalised)
pnagella
Name
Lot num
Contact
Builder (if finalised)

Thanks, I have just sent you the details, however the message still shows in the outbox. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
pnagella
Name
Lot num
Contact
Builder (if finalised)

Hi,

I sent the details across couple of days ago. Not sure if you have received it or not. Could you please add me to the Akuna Vista group?

Thanks again.
Hi , Can you please add me to the akuna vista Whats app group.
janakuna

Please provide your details in personal message:
Name
Contact num
Lot num
Builder if finalised
pnagella
janakuna

Please provide your details in personal message:
Name
Contact num
Lot num
Builder if finalised

Sent you the PM.
Thanks
is it too late to buy land in Akuna Vista in terms of pricing? Have they gone up a lot?
No steep rise in prices due to COVID and still a good time to buy.

Aj901
is it too late to buy land in Akuna Vista in terms of pricing? Have they gone up a lot?
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum