Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Hamilton Rise - South Morang

Page 4 of 4
chop
Hops91
Hi Chop,

Awesome news mate. I have driven past a few times on way home from work and haven't seen much happening on either stages. Hamilton Rise don't really send out frequent information which sucks. Last we heard was Stage 1 was having NBN put in and roads but has gone quite the last 2 weeks on your site. Hoping they start the ball rolling and smash them out for us. We are told our Civil team is "Winslow"

Looks like things are coming to an end. It appears stage 1 application is close to being sent for land title.

Any idea how much time the Whittlesea council takes for processing title application. I have heard various timelines from 2 weeks to upto 1 year.

Hi chop!

Hope you are well mate! Wondering how it’s all going in stage 1? Any updates? I have a block on stage 2, near coles and I don’t receive any updates whatsoever from the developer Kevin.

I do know that they have installed a kids park and have taken down all the temporary fencing.

Any information would be awesome , then we might no how far off ours in stage 2 may be.

Plenty of digging to be done in stage 2 but seems to be taking forever.

Thanks neighbour.

Hop
Don5
dandymoose
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out - currently looking at purchasing a off-loaded stage 1 block from a real-estate agent.
When you guys received your contract of land sale documents, did anyone read, or did a solicitor / conveyancer mention to you a maximum timeframe of when building must commence on site?

Some developers require a home to begin construction within 1-2 years, while others have no conditions of the like.

Currently thinking of sitting on the land for a year or two if we end up purchasing, however cannot find anything in the land contact that stipulates this information.

Also relation to title release question above, after the application is provided to the titles office, this normally takes 2-4 weeks on average.

Thanks!

Please do not buy a land from kevin.I bought this land(stage 2) in 2018 and was given all kinds of false promises.i was recently told the stage 2 may push out to june 2020.And i honestly dont believe they will even title it that.They are very unprofessional and will never provide honest updates.None of the stages are titled and they bought a new land opposite trying to sell that.

For those who have bought your land please send your story to current affairs.As i have done this.The more people who send their story will help to bring this scam to light.These guys seem to be taking advantage of the sunset clause.

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY.....

Hi don5,

Hope you are well mate. We have also bought a block in 2018 for stage 2 and have heard nothing more. I’ve actually have Simonds homes (our builder) ring me today to see if I had any information as they don’t know anything to tell me!

I got onto him today and he said it’s now august titles. Not to happy as this will be over 2 years!!

More rent! More bills!

We love the area and want to hold onto the block, so it’s very frustrating every email or phone call we get it gets pushed out 2 more months.

Emailed him back and said we aren’t happy. Maybe you could do the same?

I drive past regulary and I see them digging etc but nothing moves quick enough. Hoping they are paying the civil guys bills regulary to keep them onsite.

Surely it can’t take another 6 months for services under ground and roads to be poured.

Be intouch don5

Hop.
Hopdogs
Don5
dandymoose
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out - currently looking at purchasing a off-loaded stage 1 block from a real-estate agent.
When you guys received your contract of land sale documents, did anyone read, or did a solicitor / conveyancer mention to you a maximum timeframe of when building must commence on site?

Some developers require a home to begin construction within 1-2 years, while others have no conditions of the like.

Currently thinking of sitting on the land for a year or two if we end up purchasing, however cannot find anything in the land contact that stipulates this information.

Also relation to title release question above, after the application is provided to the titles office, this normally takes 2-4 weeks on average.

Thanks!

Please do not buy a land from kevin.I bought this land(stage 2) in 2018 and was given all kinds of false promises.i was recently told the stage 2 may push out to june 2020.And i honestly dont believe they will even title it that.They are very unprofessional and will never provide honest updates.None of the stages are titled and they bought a new land opposite trying to sell that.

For those who have bought your land please send your story to current affairs.As i have done this.The more people who send their story will help to bring this scam to light.These guys seem to be taking advantage of the sunset clause.

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY.....

Hi don5,

Hope you are well mate. We have also bought a block in 2018 for stage 2 and have heard nothing more. I’ve actually have Simonds homes (our builder) ring me today to see if I had any information as they don’t know anything to tell me!

I got onto him today and he said it’s now august titles. Not to happy as this will be over 2 years!!

More rent! More bills!

We love the area and want to hold onto the block, so it’s very frustrating every email or phone call we get it gets pushed out 2 more months.

Emailed him back and said we aren’t happy. Maybe you could do the same?

I drive past regulary and I see them digging etc but nothing moves quick enough. Hoping they are paying the civil guys bills regulary to keep them onsite.

Surely it can’t take another 6 months for services under ground and roads to be poured.

Be intouch don5

Hi Hamilton rise neighbours we came across this chat. We bought in (stage 2 Girvan place )
Has anyone received a letter stating to extend there sunset clause. We have been waiting for 2 years and have constantly been told misleading information
We called Kevin today and he said that titles for stage 2 are expected in aug/sep 2020.
Has anyone else got this letter

Hop.
Hi Rabb!

Hello neighbour

Yeah we received this notice also in the mail to sign and scan back to the developer. The extra 12 months

We were told that the council had lost a heap of information which is why this has taken soo long. We recently went onto maps the other day and found out street name.

Strange how no one has told us anything like this with 7-8 weeks to titles

Cannot wait to get In there and just enjoy our first home!

Hopefully catch up for a drink or too Rabb

Hops
Hopdogs
Hi Rabb!

Hello neighbour

Yeah we received this notice also in the mail to sign and scan back to the developer. The extra 12 months

We were told that the council had lost a heap of information which is why this has taken soo long. We recently went onto maps the other day and found out street name.

Hops

I have not received anything like this.Not sure if they an updated address of mine.

Really frustrating.
chop
kks
Guys, look at what's happening to building applications as reflected in building approval rates. This negativity will have a big impact on the building industry; the slack ain't going to be taken up with public works.

kks has valid point. Before it used to be builder market they dictated their terms and conditions. Now it is buyers market, it sounds very strange Simonds wants to charge $400/m for delay which they were responsible for and we have no control.

See what reply you get if you talk about canceling your contract with them, as house build prices are coming down now.

Hi chop, kks... we are almost at hand over stage and had to pay $8,000 for the delayed start

Have you consulted with any lawyers or anyone about this?

We also have issues with our backyard - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=1879950#p1879950.
janz
chop
kks
Guys, look at what's happening to building applications as reflected in building approval rates. This negativity will have a big impact on the building industry; the slack ain't going to be taken up with public works.

kks has valid point. Before it used to be builder market they dictated their terms and conditions. Now it is buyers market, it sounds very strange Simonds wants to charge $400/m for delay which they were responsible for and we have no control.

See what reply you get if you talk about canceling your contract with them, as house build prices are coming down now.

Hi chop, kks... we are almost at hand over stage and had to pay $8,000 for the delayed start

Have you consulted with any lawyers or anyone about this?

We also have issues with our backyard - https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=1879950#p1879950.

Hi all, hops here. We are stage 2 Hamilton and have been told titles very shortly. Building with Simonds. They have bought up some money delays with us as they want to get to site but we haven’t heard any more! I’ve emailed Kevin who sold us the block 3 years ago and I haven’t heard back as to who covers this cost. Simonds don’t care, they want there cash. Hoping we can all band together in the stage 2 lot and get the money from the developers. Then enjoy a couple beers as neighbours. Hops
Don5
Hopdogs
Hi Rabb!

Hello neighbour

Hops

I have not received anything like this.Not sure if they an updated address of mine.

Really frustrating.

Hey guys! How exciting is it that we finally settled today. It’s Been a few years now and i am just totally rapt!

Looking forward to finally building in the next couple of months and hopefully meeting so of you guys.

Hopdogs
Hi all Hamilton rise stage 2 neighbours.

Just wanted to see if anybody else out there is having trouble in regards to having there house started , built or permits approved? We have just recently heard back from council rejecting our house build on the lot as the easement is now 3m instead of 2m from the back fence which we initially signed for through the developer. Really really frustrating as we are just in a hole at the moment and council are rejecting everything.

Wondering if any other neighbour is having trouble with this.

Cheers. hop
Hopdogs
Hi all Hamilton rise stage 2 neighbours.

Just wanted to see if anybody else out there is having trouble in regards to having there house started , built or permits approved? We have just recently heard back from council rejecting our house build on the lot as the easement is now 3m instead of 2m from the back fence which we initially signed for through the developer. Really really frustrating as we are just in a hole at the moment and council are rejecting everything.

Wondering if any other neighbour is having trouble with this.

Cheers. hop

I am not suprised this has happened, the agent who sells land for all hamilton rise project is not an honest person.And has misled many people on settlement dates as well. Sadly his doing the same with other new developments in south morang saying it will be ready in 6 months or 1 year which is not true. Anyone buying land in south morang has to really watch out for the sunset clause and make a sensible decision based on sunset clause (NOT BASED ON THAT PARTICULAR HEARTLESS AGENT).Best to buy land which is clearly visible that is nearing completion.

Regards,
Don
Hi,

Anyone in Stage 3? We want to build ASAP.

As we know, most houses are in the bushfire zone in stage 3, BAL 12.5. Developer guidelines mentioned the need for static water tank.

Anyone has building permit approved without the static water tank?

Council want us to apply for building permit first before giving advice, but that will take so long.

Help please.
Hi vtris,

We have the same issue but we had to add the water tank.
We asked the builder, developer, our conveyancer and lastly the council and they said as long as it is in the title, then it has be there as the title is a legal document.
They said we could petition it as the surveyor changed the bushfire requirement to BAL NIL but it was going to be a lenghty process… asking other property owners, sending an ad, paying fees that could amount to over $1k and even with all that, petition could still be denied.

vtris
Hi,

Anyone in Stage 3? We want to build ASAP.

As we know, most houses are in the bushfire zone in stage 3, BAL 12.5. Developer guidelines mentioned the need for static water tank.

Anyone has building permit approved without the static water tank?

Council want us to apply for building permit first before giving advice, but that will take so long.

Help please.
Related
9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum