Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

True North Greenvale

Page 3 of 6
Dui2705
krithi
Dui2705
Congratulations krithi!
Mine was scheduled to settle at 2pm, it doesn’t look like it’s happened yet.

Thankyou! I am sure, it would have been done by now. Congratulations to you too:)

Can confirm it’s all settled!

Congrats! Have you chosen the house and builder yet?
icheema

We are 95% decided on Simonds. We are looking for something not too big, maybe a 25 square. The Mebbin from Simonds looked like a beautiful house and we might go ahead with that!
Dui2705
icheema

We are 95% decided on Simonds. We are looking for something not too big, maybe a 25 square. The Mebbin from Simonds looked like a beautiful house and we might go ahead with that!

Nice! A couple of my friends have built with Simonds and they were quite happy with them. They do have some really nice designs.
Dui2705
krithi
Dui2705
Congratulations krithi!
Mine was scheduled to settle at 2pm, it doesn’t look like it’s happened yet.

Thankyou! I am sure, it would have been done by now. Congratulations to you too:)

Can confirm it’s all settled!

Congratulations both of you krithi Dui2705
I think construction would beginning soon? All the best
Hello again everyone!

To those who have already settled (Congratulations!) or will be having their settlement on Monday, 17th June who are 1st Home Owners: We're you informed by your conveyancer that you'll have to pay for your stamp duty and then just file for a refund of the full amount once you already have your FHOG reference number? Or did you not have to worry about this at all (ie. Not pay the stamp duty due to the exemption)?

Thanks!
sapn0Zcrib
Hello again everyone!

To those who have already settled (Congratulations!) or will be having their settlement on Monday, 17th June who are 1st Home Owners: We're you informed by your conveyancer that you'll have to pay for your stamp duty and then just file for a refund of the full amount once you already have your FHOG reference number? Or did you not have to worry about this at all (ie. Not pay the stamp duty due to the exemption)?

Thanks!

The conveyancer didn't say anything about this. Except they made me sign some electronic form from the state revenue authority (or something) which did ask if I was a first home buyer.

I'll check with my conveyancer.
tux_igloo
sapn0Zcrib
Hello again everyone!

Thanks!

The conveyancer didn't say anything about this. Except they made me sign some electronic form from the state revenue authority (or something) which did ask if I was a first home buyer.

I'll check with my conveyancer.

I appreciate it, tux_igloo. We have also signed the SRO digital form. Did you notice if the question that asked if you are applying for exemption was set to Yes? Also, have you already applied for an FHOG via your banker (which would have already given you an FHOG reference number)? Sorry for the trouble and thanks again.
sapn0Zcrib
I appreciate it, tux_igloo. We have also signed the SRO digital form. Did you notice if the question that asked if you are applying for exemption was set to Yes? Also, have you already applied for an FHOG via your banker (which would have already given you an FHOG reference number)? Sorry for the trouble and thanks again.

I'm not sure but yes I remember some FHOG related questions on that form (IE: is this my first home...etc). I haven't received a ref number. I just messaged my conveyancer and my broker. Let's see what I get back from them.
This has been my experience regarding FHOG and Stamp duty exemptions - My land has settled, I did not have to pay any stamp duty at all, this was sorted by my conveyancer from her end. on settlement, all amounts due were direct debited from my account and I have just receieved a statement from my conveyancer outlining the deductions - Eg. 1. land registry, 2. PEXA settlement fee, 3. nomination fee, 4. council fees etc.
Now for the contruction loan, my bank has given me a form to fill out for the $10,000 grant, but I will need a building contract to complete this.
Anyways, thats my experience so far. I have paid an initial deposit with Simonds ($2,500) and I have been told that contrcution will most likel commence in August if everything goes to plan.
We are am building a single level house, whats everyone else building? Single or double?
Good luck everyone and happy building!
Dui2705
This has been my experience regarding FHOG and Stamp duty exemptions - My land has settled, I did not have to pay any stamp duty at all, this was sorted by my conveyancer from her end. on settlement, all amounts due were direct debited from my account and I have just receieved a statement from my conveyancer outlining the deductions - Eg. 1. land registry, 2. PEXA settlement fee, 3. nomination fee, 4. council fees etc.
Now for the contruction loan, my bank has given me a form to fill out for the $10,000 grant, but I will need a building contract to complete this.
Anyways, thats my experience so far. I have paid an initial deposit with Simonds ($2,500) and I have been told that contrcution will most likel commence in August if everything goes to plan.
We are am building a single level house, whats everyone else building? Single or double?

Thanks for your response, Dui2705. Clearly, our conveyancer did not know what to do. She's asking us to pay for 19,165 that we can already use for our deposit for the builder as we are supposed to have our contract signing tomorrow. We are building a double storey with Urbanedge homes.
Thanks again and good luck with your build journey!
sapn0Zcrib
Hello again everyone!

Thanks!

Hi sapn0Zcrib

We haven’t settled yet but our broker had advised that we wouldn’t need to pay the stamp duty. Best to get a second advise from another conveyancer/broker to relay back to your conveyancer.

Who is your conveyancer? Please direct message if you don't mind as it’s sensitive info. Hopefully our conveyancer is not the same
Dui2705

Hi Dui2705

We are building with Simonds too - single level. Does it usually take this long to begin construction after settlement?
Canopus
Hi Dui2705

We are building with Simonds too - single level. Does it usually take this long to begin construction after settlement?

Hi canopus, I dont think it usually takes this long. We have just started the quote and contract process very recently (last 2-3 weeks). Since we started the processs late, our construction will start a bit late. If you already have a contract with Simonds/ or have gone to the design studio, finalised all your colour schemes and upgrades and are finalising the contract, your contruction will start sooner i think.
Canopus
sapn0Zcrib
Hello again everyone!

Thanks!

Hi sapn0Zcrib

We haven’t settled yet but our broker had advised that we wouldn’t need to pay the stamp duty. Best to get a second advise from another conveyancer/broker to relay back to your conveyancer.

Who is your conveyancer? Please direct message if you don't mind as it’s sensitive info. Hopefully our conveyancer is not the same

Hi Canopus,

Thanks for your message. I have shared to my conveyancer your feedback and she said that she did not know how the other conveyancers did it as she knew that there's no other way aside from filing a refund after shouldering the amount during settlement. So I have rung SRO and they were very helpful. They just advised us to ask our conveyancer to send us another digital duties form with the Concession/ Exemption section set to 'Yes'. Thankfully, our conveyancer did this and we don't have to pay the stamp duty anymore. It's quite a stressful day esp tomorrow is our contract signing with the builder + 5% deposit payment.
Please let me know if you still need my conveyancer's name and will PM you.
Thanks again.
tux_igloo
sapn0Zcrib

I'm not sure but yes I remember some FHOG related questions on that form (IE: is this my first home...etc). I haven't received a ref number. I just messaged my conveyancer and my broker. Let's see what I get back from them.

Hi tux_igloo,

Thanks again for your response. I have shared to my conveyancer your feedback and she said that she did not know how the other conveyancers did it as she knew that there's no other way aside from filing a refund after shouldering the amount during settlement. So I have rang SRO and they were very helpful. They just advised us to ask our conveyancer to send us another digital duties form with the Concession/ Exemption section set to 'Yes'. Thankfully, our conveyancer did this and we don't have to pay the stamp duty anymore.

Thanks again.
Hi all, did anyone of you take title insurance?
Hi,

My partner and I are planning to buy a land here to build our house on. I was just wondering if this area is nice to live in (e.g. safe) as it is beside Roxburgh Park? Thanks.
shez29
Hi,

My partner and I are planning to buy a land here to build our house on. I was just wondering if this area is nice to live in (e.g. safe) as it is beside Roxburgh Park? Thanks.

The area is quiet safe. It's part of the more elite "Greenvale" suburb, and it's still at the side of Roxburgh Park, but the houses around that area are nice (beside Kolbe Catholic College). Best way would be to take a drive down that area. I have been living around the area for a few years not and have never had any issues. I think if you move a bit more south (towards Broadmeadows or lower Meadow Heights) you might feel that the area is not that nice, but it's still a bit further away from there.
Hi Guys,

Anyone from stage 13 has done their valuation yet?

Thanks,

Izh
Hi icheema

We are in stage 13 and got the valuation done on the land + building contract and it came on point at the combined contract value. Hope this helps.
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum