Thanks for the update. I think it will stretch to June anyway since another agent told me they are selling land based on registration in June.
Apart from this, my lot is 14. I understand the lots facing on both sides of Lina's way road have to pay a levy for maintenance of Lina's way road since council is not maintaining that one. On this note, there was a confusion when we bought our package last year saying that these few lots (1-30) will be registered as Community Title. But last when I spoke to Noble homes, they said this is basically a confusion amongst buyers. The lots are all Torrens title registered but only that they will be charged a community Levy. My solicitor followed up twice with Vendor's solicitor but they have said they are waiting to get a response from the developer.
Does anyone have any idea on the follows:
1. The title of the lots on both sides of Lina's Way road?
2. How much this levy will be?
3. Will we have any reduction in council charges since we are paying this levy?
This is the first I’ve heard of this. It’ll definitely be one of my questions to my lawyers as well.
As to the date being in June. There’s so much misunderstanding out there that I wish the developer would just give a clear indication and not just waffle about with inaccurate dates.
What lot number are you? I can answer if you are in the community title zone.
Regarding dates, it's like playing darts blindfolded. It's impossible to tell, especially when council don't respond or give accurate dates themselves. The land has been completed for months and months. It's often a guessing game as to when settlement/registration will occur.
The lots that are Community Title have been so since the first contract revision. This is marked in the contract, I'd be asking serious questions of the solicitors if they did not advise you of this.
If anyone has any questions, I represented Aurum Group Australia, who own Castlehaven Projects. We are the major marketing agent behind this project, and are managing much of the correspondence between the developer and client. If you need any updates, we are more than happy to assist!
I understand that council may not be forthwith with the dates but I’ve emailed the developer and have had my lawyers email the developers to ask for any updates and we haven’t heard anything in 3 weeks now which to me is unacceptable at any standard especially considering some of use have been waiting since October 2016 (when I bought the land and expected registration or atleast what I was told was February 2017).
Fast-forward a year later and I was emailed a tentative date for Registration to be April 2018 which has now come and pass. One of the users here spoke to council who informed him that there was an issue with the land that needed to be fixed before the land would be registered. And through some contacts another user was informed that the problem is boundary issues with a neighbour. I don’t know how far true the information is but an email from the Developer just stating anything would be better than the silent response we’ve received.
I’m not trying to have a go at you. I actually appreciate any information that we receive and you’ve made a huge input to some of our questions.