Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Officer (North Side)

Page 1 of 1
Hi I'm new here.

My wife and myself are buying a block of land in the Timbertop estate officer (Almost bought in Berwick Waters). Officer is such a beautiful place, no disrespect to Berwick Waters that is great too but after listening to many peoples views (and Wife haha) we pick officer.

My question(s) are:
1) Whats the area like (North / South)?
2) Are the schools good?
3) Whats the Traffic like (around 7:30am and 5:30pm)

Thank you in advance
Cdawn
Welcome Cdawn,

I live in Timbertop estate and find it wonderful. It's quite and peaceful and you will always be able to see the tree covered hills to the north and it's still close enough to shopping centres and anything else you might need. This will only get better when the Officer town centre is developed over the coming years.

In relation to your questions, here's my views.

1) The area is great, it isn't built on old flood / irrigation plains like the south side of the highway. The slop can add a bit to site costs, but the view is worth it.

2) Can't really comment on the schools, but Timbertop is in the Berwick school zone, so that means your kids should still be easiler able to go to any of the schools in officer or Berwick.

3) Short answer, what traffic. Longer answer, other than the old highway being a bit busier at these times there's no real traffic in the estate, Timbertop is accessed via traffic lights with left turn blend lanes and it never take more than a minute or so to change in your favour.

Ken
Thank you kkeeley

We are moving from Narre Warren South and bought land in the Hallmark release.

We were lucky the block is just under 1m fall. My wife fell in love with the area (Happy wife happy life) lol

I was worried about the traffic as i work in Dandenong South.

Cdawn
Less than 1m of fall is very good for any block in Timbertop. Our block had around 1m of fall over the building area so we built a split level custom designed house that took advantage of this slop which helped reduce the site costs.

Traffic getting to Dandenong South from Officer should be that much worse than from Narre Warren South, depending on which way
you choose to go. There is very little local traffic in and around Officer.

Ken.
Awesome that's great.

The Town Centre with cinemas will be great for all of Officer. I heard they are building shops on the corner of Whiteside rd, is that true?

Thanks
CDawn
No.... Maybe a small milk bar or a seven eleven store. There will also be something like that at the Corner of Pioneer way and Fairweather parade. Which is just down the road from the Timber Top intersection.

The shops will be between station st and Siding ave, close to the South Siding estate. Shame there are no blocks left their for sale. The display home sales in Officer keep on getting people who want to know about land around there.

Officer really coming in demand.
Thanks Ting Ting

While back we missed out on the three larger blocks in Arcadia Estate (In Stage 13) but were offered the smaller ones mid 400m2 (Needed 500m2+). That's how we ended up in Timbertop after almost buying a block in Berwick Waters.

No regrets as we are still going to officer and look forward to Officer growing.
Funny thing is we did the same. Acadia ones were small and narrow and we missed out on a 16 front. No regrets as we found a 16 front in South Siding.

All the best you and enjoy Building in Timber Top,
Actually I would like to correct myself. According to council plans they are doing a community activity centre at the corner of Whiteside Rd. And at Feirweather/ Pioneer way intersection they are doing a community convenience centre.

They are two different things. To do something you go to the former, to get something you go to the latter.
Thank you

Will look into it.
According to the urban design framework for Officer. There will be a small shopping center at the corner of Whiteside Rd / Princess Highway. This is close to Timber top residents.

It's a Neighbourhood activity center Page 83 of the Officer Precinct Plan.
Ting Ting
According to the urban design framework for Officer. There will be a small shopping center at the corner of Whiteside Rd / Princess Highway. This is close to Timber top residents.

It's a Neighbourhood activity center Page 83 of the Officer Precinct Plan.

Thank you
Related
20/05/2023
Drainage down the side of house

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi HomeOne, I'm in the midst of landscaping a cat run down the side of my house, and the recent rains have me wondering if I need to install some sort of drainage. I've…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum