Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Stamp Duty Payment date- NSW

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of buying land and house package.

The land and house are 2 separate contracts and the relevant state is NSW.

I would like to know from those who have gone through similar process in NSW, when do I need to pay the stamp duty (approx $8,000).

thanks
Andy909
Hi all,

I would like to know from those who have gone through similar process in NSW, when do I need to pay the stamp duty (approx $8,000).

thanks

It needs to be paid 3 months to the date of purchase. But you can pay it later but you incur some cost from state revenue

Thanks mmapurazi

mmapurazi
Andy909
Hi all,

thanks

It needs to be paid 3 months to the date of purchase. But you can pay it later but you incur some cost from state revenue
Related
3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum