Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Halcyon Rise - Box Hill Lj Hooker

Page 3 of 5
Edy_Jab
erikaom
Can someone share with me the new contour plans ? ....we signed a contract with old number 131 but our salicitor has not received any notification about changes and i guess it is because final approval is not dono yet. My email is erikaom@hotmail.com ... a whatsup group for Halcyon Rise would be awesone!

HI erikaom,

Due to new plans not yet been approved they are saying that there is nothing to notify us of. However, I am very impatient and have dug out all the appropriate paper work they have sent into council, and have also been notified by a source that these plans should not change

Please see below the link to the contours below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o49pfjlm3rh581o/16-386-DA%20combined.pdf?dl=0

Thanks Edy....apparently our lot is 307 now but hard to tell if there has been any change in size...it looks the same to me but i am not an expert in reading those maps...i guess we just need to wait for their formal notification post DA approval and see ☺..you have been very helpful...thanks heaps...

Erika

I do not expect land to be register until early 2018 as i saw that in one of their ads online...will see ...also i think we will share the main pipe with Akora or something like that..well that is what the sales people told us when we asked why it was going to take that long to register...

erikaom
I do not expect land to be register until early 2018 as i saw that in one of their ads online...will see ...also i think we will share the main pipe with Akora or something like that..well that is what the sales people told us when we asked why it was going to take that long to register...

Where did you see this advertised? Ive been ever told last quarter of this year and once developers start on site they should be done in 6 months give and take some delays due to rain.. our estate isnt sharing drains as we already have them cleared behind us down slope.. i know stage 1,2,3 will settle first then 4 and 5... march will be latest and thats if site preps dont start in next couple of months!!
Ok it is in one of their PDFs filed that you werr able to download before from their website...i was looking for it again but it is no longer available but happy to send it to you via email...

It is in the FAQ section.. When is the land registration estimated for? We anticipate that the land will be registered in early 2018.

erikaom
It is in the FAQ section.. When is the land registration estimated for? We anticipate that the land will be registered in early 2018.

Lets hope they are ahead of schedule!! Ive now been told earliest will be end of this yr and latest march!! The reason for hold up at council at moment is council want individual engineering plans for each stage!! So they have given them verbal approval just need that before they formally approve it so they can start!!
Yeah...lets cross fingers and hope for the best... we bought in Stage 2 so hopefully will be late December or Jan 2018 at latest...all these council approvals take time ... hence the sunset clause in our contracts which i did not like it at all but it is standard apparently...

erikaom
Yeah...lets cross fingers and hope for the best... we bought in Stage 2 so hopefully will be late December or Jan 2018 at latest...all these council approvals take time ... hence the sunset clause in our contracts which i did not like it at all but it is standard apparently...

Im also stage 2.. anticipation is a nightmare.. good things come to those who wait i guess
Edy_Jab
erikaom

Im also stage 2.. anticipation is a nightmare.. good things come to those who wait i guess

Lol

I have also recently paid deposit in Box Hill. Regarding the Sunset clause please read below:

Under the Conveyancing Amendment (Sunset Clauses) Act 2015, a developer that is the vendor under a contract is now required to give notice to each purchaser under the contract, before ending the contract. This notice must state why the developer proposes to end the agreement and give reasons for delay with the project.
For the contract to be terminated, the purchaser would need to agree.
If the purchaser does not agree, and the lot has not been created before the sunset date, then the developer will need to obtain an order from the Supreme Court permitting the contract to be rescinded.
The new legislation will apply to all off the plan contracts that have not been completed - that is, contracts that are still in operation on 2 November 2015; and, also, to any off the plan contracts entered into on or after 2 November 2015.
So, for example, if a developer has sought to use a sunset clause to rescind a contract made on or after 2 November 2015, the contract would attract the protection of the new law and the developer would need to obtain a Supreme Court order to end that contract.
talk2us
I have also recently paid deposit in Box Hill. Regarding the Sunset clause please read below:

Under the Conveyancing Amendment (Sunset Clauses) Act 2015, a developer that is the vendor under a contract is now required to give notice to each purchaser under the contract, before ending the contract. This notice must state why the developer proposes to end the agreement and give reasons for delay with the project.
For the contract to be terminated, the purchaser would need to agree.
If the purchaser does not agree, and the lot has not been created before the sunset date, then the developer will need to obtain an order from the Supreme Court permitting the contract to be rescinded.
The new legislation will apply to all off the plan contracts that have not been completed - that is, contracts that are still in operation on 2 November 2015; and, also, to any off the plan contracts entered into on or after 2 November 2015.
So, for example, if a developer has sought to use a sunset clause to rescind a contract made on or after 2 November 2015, the contract would attract the protection of the new law and the developer would need to obtain a Supreme Court order to end that contract.

Hi Talk2us

We all understand the new policy of the sunset clause! We are just all hoping it doesnt get to the sunset clause date..
Hi Edy_Jab
True!

I hope with the new regulations in place, it will be in the best interest of a developer to have the lands registered as early as possible.

What i am reading so far in this thread, it seems like the community is already getting together and getting to know each other hence i believe i made a good decision to buy the block here.
talk2us
Hi Edy_Jab
True!

I hope with the new regulations in place, it will be in the best interest of a developer to have the lands registered as early as possible.

What i am reading so far in this thread, it seems like the community is already getting together and getting to know each other hence i believe i made a good decision to buy the block here.

I think you have made a good decision.. its good we build a community early so we can help each other out when we get to different stages. What lot did you secure
Lot 227
talk2us
Lot 227

Good job!! Were you told when land construction will take place or when they anticipate land registration?
March 2018
March 2008 and LOT 227 is Stage 1...even before stage 2 where we bought...

Welcome to our little community

erikaom

Are u sure it was stage 1?

I think this lot was part of the blanked out ones which rhey realesed for final sale.. if u look at stage 1 lots in the da application stage 1 are minimal lots and are mainly big ones up the top.. i got mine 2 months before official sales started and it was stage 2..
Edy_Jab
erikaom

Are u sure it was stage 1?

I think this lot was part of the blanked out ones which rhey realesed for final sale.. if u look at stage 1 lots in the da application stage 1 are minimal lots and are mainly big ones up the top.. i got mine 2 months before official sales started and it was stage 2..

Yeah I'm with you Edy_Jab. I was like the fourth one to secure a lot and we are still in stage 2. Initially it was marked as stage 1 and they were the only lots up for sell, but they changed it to stage 2 for some reason.
So you guys think it will be March next yr or would they still make it for Dec this yr?
Related
18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum