Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Power connection issue upper point cook

Page 1 of 1
Hi All, I am building a home in upper point cook stage 4, land titled on 20th April 2016 (delayed 6 months by Satterley). My builder informed that there is no power in stage4 of upper point cook especially Roosevelt Way, and asking me to pay $360 per week for the cost of generator. Is anyone aware of it or got reimbursement from Satterley ? much appreciate if you please share your experience as it is an extra cost to us.
Hi eureka,

I can't believe that's happening to you, we're building in stage 3 and we didn't have to provide our own electricity for the build.

Have you complained to Mark the sales guy, you should send him an email and follow him with a phone call if he doesn't reply you quickly?

Please let's know how you go.

Cheers.
Hi Build2016,
Thanks, I had asked Mark but he said that's not his fault, powecore is the company liable to connect electricity. But I understand from land contract at the time of the land titled electricity and water should available, without this basic amenities land can't be titled. I don't understand how satterley manages or surpass these conditions and got land titled? Mark was very rude and disappointing when I have ask for the same.
How you are managing without electricity for the build....are you paying generator cost from your pocket ?

Please suggest any idea if you have or in your knowledge. I am seeking legal help and most likely will appeal in VCAT.

Cheers.
Generally the developers contract out the underground power installation to contractors. The installation needs to be audited then handed over to Powercor for connection. Once compliant, the project will go into the normal que for connection. The wait will be caused by the developer wanting the quick bucks by selling the blocks off before all the services are connected.
Sounds like the builder didnt organise power in time and is blaming and charging you for the cost. Do you have street lights? Are they on? Do you neighbors have power?
Entire stage (4,5,6,7 is out of power) is out of power , my next-door-neighbor sites also don't have power, no power on street lights. my lot is on Roosevelt way. Estate manager informed that it will take another 6 weeks to commence electricity work.
Any suggestions on VCAT , will it work to liaise developers to pay generator cost ?
If that is confirmed developer should pay costs. You have been provided something not complete.
Cant your builder wait to start until the power is connected before he starts? I know it would mean a few weeks delay but not worth the stress of added expense of a generator.

I just find this very unfair on the part of Satterly. I'll suggest you speak to someone at their head office. You might need to bypass the sales guy at this stage.

A call to VCAT for advice isn't bad as well. The developers should be paying for their errors not you!
vcat dont give advise.
He might have to officially lodge the issue with them then!
Hi There,

Anyone aware of power connections to stage 11, 12 and 13 ? is that done ?
Related
10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

22/12/2023
Water main connection

Building A New House

Hi all I'm currently building a duplex in Sydney and we need to do a new water connection to the second unit. The water main is on the other side of the road so we need…

3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum