Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

anyone buying land in officer VIC(South Siding estate)?

Page 35 of 64
Exciting times, first house will soon start in stage one...... Ute was there doing soil test and sizing. It's around the middle of stage one.

Sadly they can't do much in stage 2 because of rain.
Every time we say that the weather is nice, it rains the day after. Ah Melbourne

Good to know that we can possibly see some building happening in stage 1!

That is a good news, good luck guys ......
kkeeley
@cozmicparadox How did you manage to get the google maps image from the 8/3/2017? whenever I look at the Officer area in google maps the images appear to be from around December 2015.

From the actual Google Earth app in pc. You can choose from a pile of dates
Yogi13
Has anyone heard about the "Community Infrastructure Levy" required by Cardinia Council.? My builder has asked for a receipt of Payment for the same. Been digging around and in some cases it's the land developer who pays for it.

https://www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/info/20 ... -property-

We had to pay around $900 for this for Grandvue Estate and then send receipt to our builder. It's meant to pay for parks and upkeep of public facilities.

I got an email from the loan processor today who said they could not do an valuation as Oliver Hume said site would not be ready for 2 months.. I really hope not....

Depends how people count two months and from when. If they include April then end May is two months, if not then you have to start the count after April ends.

Anyway. Today they started to shape the reservation for preparation of Footpath but stopped when they got three blocks up Clara Drive because of rain. If it hadn't rain they might have finished the whole area today. To me it looks like they are trying to get it done asap.

The one thing about the Lights is that they have to wait for the respective authority to do them
Puddlette
I got an email from the loan processor today who said they could not do an valuation as Oliver Hume said site would not be ready for 2 months.. I really hope not....

Are you in stage 2? I am also about to get my land valuation done. Next week it is going to rain all week snd I don't think they will do anything much!! 😟😟
Nowuser_14
Puddlette

Are you in stage 2? I am also about to get my land valuation done. Next week it is going to rain all week snd I don't think they will do anything much!!

Interesting! I wonder why mine think they can't? Can I ask what bank you're going through?

All I hope is that it doesn't take 3 months and the offer expires.. surely it won't take longer than 3 months..

Puddlette
Nowuser_14
Puddlette

Are you in stage 2? I am also about to get my land valuation done. Next week it is going to rain all week snd I don't think they will do anything much!!

Interesting! I wonder why mine think they can't? Can I ask what bank you're going through?

All I hope is that it doesn't take 3 months and the offer expires.. surely it won't take longer than 3 months..

My bank is anz. But land valuation is being done by some third party named optean.

But they have not contacted us yet to let us know if they could do it or they couldn't do it yesterday. So im not sure. What is your lot number?
Oh ok I'm going with cba. It will be good if they can go and do it, because surely that means others can do it also. We are lot 214

Yes I'm stage 2, and if Puddlette was told two months yesterday that does not mean the bank was told by Oliver Hume the same day. Some people count 2 months by including the month they are currently in,

They are using more man power in stage 2 than what they were in stage one. The stage of the road they did this week took about a day and a half. In stage one they took about a week and a half.

The footpaths they did in stage one took about 2 to 3 weeks because the people that were doing it had about 3 to 4 men working. Here in stage 2 I don't think they will get the same mob and I think it will be done faster, with more man power.
It's very positive seeing the progress in stage 2 in comparison to stage 1. I remember when the whole area was just dirt and it seemed to have just stayed that way for so long. If we get days like today for the next couple of weeks I have faith that we should be on schedule.

Puddlette
It's very positive seeing the progress in stage 2 in comparison to stage 1. I remember when the whole area was just dirt and it seemed to have just stayed that way for so long. If we get days like today for the next couple of weeks I have faith that we should be on schedule.

Unfortunately next week it is raining for the entire week as per the forecast!!!

But i ageee with the progress of stage 2.
Never trust Melbourne weather! I'm trying to think positive lol (although this morning was not very nice).

I received confirmation that '2 months' is June.

June isn't to bad but sad it it is any month delay.

If rain this week is like today then no problems. Drove past this morning and Winslow os working in the estate down the road but not in South Siding.. may explain the one month delay as the other estate needs to catch up.

Security car on South Siding.
Is the other road something to do with new Arterial road ?
Down Primrose road along the rail to to the other estate. That's where Winslow were working, it's a bit behind South Siding in work so they have to catch up.
Thanks Ting Ting, believe that is Prominence estate... From memory, they were expected to title in May this year - so it is interesting to see many houses coming up soon
Got email from Ronald(Oliver hume)this morning, he said title for stage 2c expected late June or early july

Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum