Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

anyone buying land in officer VIC(South Siding estate)?

Page 33 of 64
Just got back from overseas late yesterday and it was typical Melbourne weather so I’ll excuse Winslow for having so few workers today. Here is my observation for stage one and two.

Stage 2.

All kirbs are finished and digging along the reservation side of the Kirbs is also done. Streets lights are laid out on the ground in their position. Lines man from respective authority can now come in to do them if the set up is finished. If they do them soon then stage can finish anytime from end April to sometimes in May.

Things are looking good for stage 2 if rain stays away.

Stage 1.

The broken street light is fixed and the wire fence is now along the front of the site office, meaning you cannot get to the site office via Pioneer Way. This means they could now be rezoning the wire fence to open up stage one to public
Good observation Ting Ting and welcome back !!!
Yeah, stage 1 may soon hear good news and builders may start accessing it which might be the reason for re-zoning of fence..... Waiting to hear progress on Stage 2 now..

Nowuser_14 - We are waiting for site access for builder mainly for site costs and Linda said, she will get back on this but got to know that some builders just go in and get the job done, it really depends....

For valuation, I think it should be possible now... One of my friend in Savannah got it done without land being ready...
Ting Ting
Just got back from overseas late yesterday and it was typical Melbourne weather so I’ll excuse Winslow for having so few workers today. Here is my observation for stage one and two.

Stage 2.

All kirbs are finished and digging along the reservation side of the Kirbs is also done. Streets lights are laid out on the ground in their position. Lines man from respective authority can now come in to do them if the set up is finished. If they do them soon then stage can finish anytime from end April to sometimes in May.

Things are looking good for stage 2 if rain stays away.

Stage 1.

The broken street light is fixed and the wire fence is now along the front of the site office, meaning you cannot get to the site office via Pioneer Way. This means they could now be rezoning the wire fence to open up stage one to public

Glad u r back ting ting ☺️☺️

Thanks for the update. I am so hoping to get the loan by end of this month as i am in the middle to switching job.. i am really worried
newbie11
Good observation Ting Ting and welcome back !!!
Yeah, stage 1 may soon hear good news and builders may start accessing it which might be the reason for re-zoning of fence..... Waiting to hear progress on Stage 2 now..

Nowuser_14 - We are waiting for site access for builder mainly for site costs and Linda said, she will get back on this but got to know that some builders just go in and get the job done, it really depends....

For valuation, I think it should be possible now... One of my friend in Savannah got it done without land being ready...

Have you already got the loan sorted?
Welcome back Ting Ting! Hope you had a good time away! The wait continues

My builder will not do the final drawings for the house until he gets the title. When he gets the Title I do the final variations, which will include a $5000 deduction they charged for fire. I have a friend in Timber Top, he doesn’t pay the fire levy but his neighbour does. Good luck,

After I do the final variations then I will have a final figure for the house, so no I don’t have my loan finalized. This also differs from person to person and loan to loan.

Also 24 hour security on site..
Ting Ting
......which will include a $5000 deduction they charged for fire. I have a friend in Timber Top, he doesn’t pay the fire levy but his neighbour does. Good luck,.....

Below is a photo I posted on our facebook page.

The right hand is south siding, and is most likely not to change from this, as it adjoins a reserve area.

So about 60% of us should have our BAL removed

That changes from time to time until they do a final one at Title date.
I am building with Simonds express. we already have signed contract for the house and the plans are already done
We are building with Simonds too (not express) but, they initially told me to wait until titles for the bush fire levy to be removed but we pushed as the evidence is there and they took it out of our contract.

Oh ok. But we have signed the contract already!! Does it matter??
We signed as well and paid the deposit but like with all builder you have variations which you sign for after signing the contract and make up the contract.

Fire levy reduction will be in the variation as any other adjustment we might add, or things we want to take out. Final drawings that are put through to council for permit will not be done till after title and soil test.
Yup we signed our contract and just finished signing our variation today with the removal of the levy and the addition of a few other things (including an alfresco.. yippee). So this will be something you'll be able to take back, or use for other items too!

Hi,
We are in the same position. As per the bank the loan will approved only after land valuation and which is after land entitlement. Hopefully price will remains the same or goes up. Market seems to be going up in officer and Pakenham. Fingers crossed!!
Good luck
Looks like a few people have visited stage two over the break. Wire fence has be opened in various places.
Ting Ting
Looks like a few people have visited stage two over the break. Wire fence has be opened in various places.

Yes!! We visited the site yesterday and the end close to rail tracks. The fences were open and at many other places. We wanted to visit but felt it was risky. But apart from the soil mountain the land and around areas look very much done. Lamp post still layed on ground!!! But it should not take that long now.

Its my feeling
Just been to display home in timbertop, someone in Burbank told me in South siding you can't have evaporative cooling..Is that right??

Yep It shouldn't take long.

They rolled the roads with the soil required before doing asphalting, which should be very soon and it will be the final layer before title.

Also, no builder I went to said you cannot have evaporative cooling. I had it in my house quote but I took it out.
Even I went 3 or 4 builders no body said this him but if you look in design guidelines it says there.

Second line

Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum