Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

anyone buying land in officer VIC(South Siding estate)?

Page 29 of 64
Has Anyone from stage 1 received any updates in regards to title of their land??
we havent and as the wife said "we could scream in frustration"!
Stage two coming on nicely with Hogan doing the work.

Stage 1, no idea.
It's frustrating enough for us in stage 2 so I can't imagine what a pain in the butt this must be for those in stage 1. What a huge stuff around!

Puddlette
It's frustrating enough for us in stage 2 so I can't imagine what a pain in the butt this must be for those in stage 1. What a huge stuff around!

I agree with you!!! It is just ridiculous ??
I called Oliver Hume 5 times this week but they refuse to talk.

According to the Precinct infrastructure plan Sec 5.1.1 page 152.... The developer is responsible for intersection to arterial road and this is what we don't see at the other end of Pioneer way. ( An intersection)

I feel sorry for people in stage one if they have been led on since 2015.

My Fingers are crossed for stage 2.
Stage two has about 7 machines and 3 to 4 trucks doing under ground work. PVC pipes, sewerage and drainage pipes getting done.

They have about 5 more concrete block to dig into the ground and connect concrete pipes to them.( 33, 24, 25 and a few more.
These numbers you will see in your plan of Sub division that shows where they are put)

Stage 1 will not get Title until the council is satisfied that all that is required by developer, as per Sec 5.1.1 page 152, is done.

So the only reason stage one has no tittle so is one word 'Incompetence ' by developer and Civil contractor.

M.Tucker and sons were on stage one today. Google and you will see what they do.
They have gone absolutely berserk with stage 2. Since June 2016 I have not seen them work like this.
Ting Ting
They have gone absolutely berserk with stage 2. Since June 2016 I have not seen them work like this.

Hey Ting ting!! It is definitely a good news!!! But are they the same contractor though??
So on M Tucker and Sons website's 'about us'.... "We provide civil and trenchless solutions for a wide range of defects in sewer and storm-water".

I take it that the previous contractor's work on the storm water/sewerage system requires a bit of fix up. Well that's lovely.

I wish I could be optimistic re stage 2 but we still do not think we will be in by Christmas. I'm hoping for the sake of stage 1 residents that they are.

Just got letter from Conveyancor, looks like Oliver Hume is confident with the contractors in Stage 2 - below tells their confidence level..

"Kindly note the Plan of Subdivision PS738353A is expected to be released in late May or early June 2017. We will advise you once the Plan is lodged at the Titles Office for registration. "

Has anyone received similar message ???
If the land titles in june!! Then we might be able to move before Christmas as we are going by Simonds express so maximum they will take is 4.5 months!! Fingers crossed!!!
Our broker told us that they to finish it by end of June otherwise they will have to pay heavy taxes
newbew11......I got one that say June.

Nowuser_14 Head office said winslow are the Civil contractors so It's one of two things.

1) Winslow sub contracted stage 2 to Hogan because they can't cope to finish on time.

2) The developer got Hogan.

It's sad that the previous contractors work on the storm water/sewerage system requires fix up. It just shows incompetence by the first contractor. Stage one should be titled by now and it's not.
Section 5.1.1 below is what developer has to do before Title is given for stage one. Today several cars and vans were looking at doing a side fence between Potters Grove and South Siding, near the front towards the Highway.

Think It will be easy getting a Title for stage two.

5.1 Introduction This Precinct Infrastructure Plan identifies a range of infrastructure and services required to meet the needs of the development of the Officer Precinct. This infrastructure is to be provided through a number of mechanisms including: • subdivision construction works by developers; • development contributions (community infrastructure levy and development infrastructure levy); • utility service provider contributions and infrastructure development schemes; and, • capital works projects by Council, state government agencies and non-government organisations, including community groups. 5.1.1 Subdivision Construction Works by Developers As part of subdivision construction works, new development in the Precinct must meet the total cost of delivering the following infrastructure to the satisfaction of the responsible authority (except where a specific project is included in the Officer Development Contributions Plan (September 2011)): • Connector roads and local streets. • Landscaping of connector roads and local streets. • Intersection works and traffic management measures along connector roads and local streets. • Uncontrolled intersection works providing access from an arterial road to a connector road or local street. • Council approved fencing and landscaping (where required) along arterial roads. • Local pedestrian and bicycle paths along connector roads and local streets and within local parks. • Basic improvements to local parks / open space including levelling, grassing, tree planting and footpaths and shared paths. • Landscaping, provision of playgrounds and other park infrastructure. • Local drainage systems. • Infrastructure as required by utility service providers including water, sewerage, drainage (except where the item is funded through a Development Services Scheme), electricity, gas, and telecommunications.
We received a letter from South Siding lawyers that the title is expected now in late June 2017. We are in stage 2A

We also got letter from our conveyancer stating that land title will happen in late may or early june!!! It is good news
Roads in stage one was washed this morning. But in my view from reading section 5.1.1 there seems to be a few more things required by developer before the council gives title.

The Mountain of soil on stage one is almost all gone as it was spread over lots in stage 2. By the end of this week there will be no mountain of soil left on stage one.

Almost every lot in stage two has a white drainage pipe sticking up, some at the front, some at the back. Think that by the end of this week all lots in stage two will have a drainage pipe sticking up.

I have never seen them work the way they are working now on stage two. Maybe the developer has finally woke up due to pressure and are pushing hard to get it finished asap. Fingers crossed. Hogan and Wnslow are both working on stage 2.
Met with Site supervisor last Friday and he confirmed all work for Stage 1 is completed and it's now up to the council. And he felt to brag that he had taken over couple of weeks back and finished all the work for Stage 1 within 2 weeks . he also did mention "I heard you guys have been waiting for long to get the land title". Which leads me to believe that the prior contractor messed up..

Ting Ting - That's probably why you had never seen them work that way because it's new contractor all together.
Think it was the council I saw the other day and they were looking at doing the side/ front fence in stage one.

Thumbs up to who ever got Hogan to work on stage two. They have their own office up near rail line.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum