Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

anyone buying land in officer VIC(South Siding estate)?

Page 58 of 64
Finally

23 August is settlement..... keep on calling your solicitor until they get this date.
Yep, just received the good news

Congratulations guys, this forum has given more than just an update to us - hope we will still continue to post on further ..

Happy posting
My conveyancer advised they are aware of the registration too

Yeah ..my solicitor also got the notice for settlement

How much time lender usually take to finally approve the finance after valuation?

Our valuation was done Thursday 27/07 and we heard back on Monday 31/07

We heard back in a couple of days too, valuation came back 4k more than what we paid, so all good.
aragorn
We heard back in a couple of days too, valuation came back 4k more than what we paid, so all good.

40k?
No, 4k
We have received email from our broker as well as conveyancer

I am really happy for all of us!!! Now we will see each other on the otherside neighbors 😃😃
aragorn
No, 4k

I am not sure if that can be true, ours was done 3 mnths ago( not sure how) but it came back 10k plus. So i assume, it should have increased more.
The most amazing thing if you read through this thread is we were told to tick all the boxes, compliance to registration, it takes around 2 to 3 months.

South Siding took 8 days.
Fences were still locked but the fence company still took them down. Drive down Pioneer way and straight into stage two now,

Could someone also call the council and tell then to fix the street signs. Half of them are not stable because they were not fitted in the ground well.
I am still unable to pay my CIL. I even went to their office today but they said its not in their system yet.
It was the same with us. I tried to pay over the phone however the details were not registered in the system. Did they mention anything in regards to when it would become available. I remember TIng Ting had mentioned that he was able to pay the amount at the office.

Any ideas why this may be the case? Anyone else having the same issue?
I paid close to a month ago at the council office. At that timeI gave them my lot number and street/house number. I think it may be a problem now because the plan is registered and transfer of land in process until settlement. So maybe after settlement date people should be OK to pay.
Finally drove on our street and driveway today!

I've been around a number of times, also spoke to the tree planters to make sure they are not gum trees. The good is " No Gum trees "
I drove by today, there was someone doing a soil test I think on LOT 257.

The footpath that goes alongside the train tracks reaches all the way to station street, and then you can just cross the road to reach the station, so from the edge of the stage 2 blocks, the walking distance to the train station is less than 750 meters, which is fantastic.

I also went to check the land prices at the Arcadia estate, which sits on the other side of the train tracks and has very similar distances to the train station and future town centre. They are releasing stage 15 in September, and land prices will be 330k for a 448sq.m. block, 310k for a 400sq.m. block and 275k for a 350sq.m. block. Meaning the prices have gone up by around 30% (at least based on what my land price was when I bought).

We spent some time outside the Officer Club, which I've never been before, and the area looks amazing with the lake and the wooden bridges etc. The kids had great fun running around.

Here's a photo

Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum