Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Land Registration? Kellyville - Balmoral Road Release

Page 20 of 21
anyone seen the block for sale at 9 Cedar Cutters?
Ouch, anyone seen this crazy asking price for this block of land at BV? 2.4m?! https://www.realestate.com.au/property- ... -202282998
BCMPS
Ouch, anyone seen this crazy asking price for this block of land at BV? 2.4m?! https://www.realestate.com.au/property- ... -202282998

Yup.. Its a rare close to 1000sqm in BV. What do you expect.. The agent /seller are going crazy and they'll get an equally crazy buyer snap it up soon!

BTW 20 Cedar Cutter went for $1.25m (battle axe backing on to the child care centre) and I believe 9 Cedar is asking for $1.4 to 1.5...

Where's the down time in property market?
I would get any two blocks of 700sqm land next to each other at 2.8m instead if I am a buyer of that 1000sqm land.

1.4m for 9 cedar cutters is dreaming I think
Doubt prices in BV will drop - very few land owners are 'desperate' to sell. Most will just wait until the right buyer comes along. Benefit of having land in what people perceive as a 'prestigous area'.

As for 9 cedar cutters selling for $1.4 million - Pretty reasonable given a block on garden view sold for $1.3 million a few months back (https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/prop ... -202139122). Calculate the per sqm cost, and since 9 cedar is 750sqm the val is around $1.4 mill. That being said, Garden view was sloping down (fall of about 5 meters +), where as 9 Cedar is uphill (Might command a 'premium'). Whether a buyer today will buy it - don't know.
I have just received confirmation that settlement has occurred! Congrats to everyone after such a long wait!

Are we all settle at the same time? I thought they allow early settlement
ste982
I have just received confirmation that settlement has occurred! Congrats to everyone after such a long wait!

We have also settled this morning. Congrats everyone.
Whoknowz
ste982

We have also settled this morning. Congrats everyone.

Happy New Year! Mine was settled on the 14th while I was overseas;
what's happening with home build-up? Some lands are getting on Market e.g 18 Cedar cutters way?
bps18
what's happening with home build-up? Some lands are getting on Market e.g 18 Cedar cutters way?

Unable to get a loan to build perhaps? (new lending criteria has made it difficult for people to borrow more money if they’ve borrowed for land).

But I saw an application for a double story on New Holland.

Is anyone else planning on building this year ?
Keep a weather eye out on how outer-Sydney land-bank sales - with their potential to then impact on residential sales - emerge and progress in up-coming months. Going to be an interesting 2019.
Manny007
bps18

Unable to get a loan to build perhaps? (new lending criteria has made it difficult for people to borrow more money if they’ve borrowed for land).

But I saw an application for a double story on New Holland.

Is anyone else planning on building this year ?

I agree it is quite challenging these days to get enough construction loans. Hope some will be building their high-quality homes soon, or some may be selling their lands.
Rumbles around, too, that we are going see some Western Sydney land-bank sales at significantly reduced prices through 2019. If so, there will be flow-on to the retail pricing structure.
Has anyone found a builder yet ? what per sqm costs are you guys expecting for a contemporary luxury house?

We've been quoted anywhere from $1.4 mill to $1.6 mill (
) for a 65 square house.

Also does anyone know when the child care will begin construction?
Manny007, I have followed this thread, as I built just off Balmoral road 6years ago.
Surprises me just how much the land price increased in a few short years.
We have recently sold and have bought land again, so looking for builders.
Depending on level of inclusions I think $2500sqm is pretty standard.
We are looking to try and build for closer to $2000sqm and not having any luck, maybe you need to reduce size of home.
You could try buildcraft they were quoting around $2000sqm. We also liked Bardane homes at Homequest
Depends if size or quality is the driving factor.
gogo65
Manny007, I have followed this thread, as I built just off Balmoral road 6years ago.
Surprises me just how much the land price increased in a few short years.
We have recently sold and have bought land again, so looking for builders.
Depending on level of inclusions I think $2500sqm is pretty standard.
We are looking to try and build for closer to $2000sqm and not having any luck, maybe you need to reduce size of home.
You could try buildcraft they were quoting around $2000sqm. We also liked Bardane homes at Homequest
Depends if size or quality is the driving factor.

Yeah agreed - Most of the quotes I have been getting are around $2100 per sqm.

How is everyone elses plans coming along ??
Currently waiting for council approval of DA. Will hopefully start build in next few months

I see there has been one build start on the New Holland side, anyone here?

A few others for sale too.

#24 just went for 1.286m

Anyone know how much 6 New Holland Drive sold for ?
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread?

How are people going with their builds? A few houses going up now

Related
18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum