Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Flood risk - The Altrove(Schofields)

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone. First time to post here. We're thinking of buying a land from The Altrove, but we're worried about flood. As per the flood map, Schofields is high risk
Don't want to invest a lot of money in a flood stricken area. Only to pay extras for insurances (house, car, etc..). But we know that Schofields has high potential for growth and development. Anyone from Schofields who can confirm on this please? Thanks
Confirm what? Your research has shown it is classified as a high risk area, insurance companies will adjust their premiums to suit.

To get an idea on costs use the online quote feature of insurance companies to work out what it will cost per year.
@Gunna thanks for replying. I wasn't sure if the flood map was updated. So I was hoping any residents of Schofields can confirm that it is a flood prone area specially the area right beside the train station, where The Altrove Estate will be built.
Gunna
Confirm what? Your research has shown it is classified as a high risk area, insurance companies will adjust their premiums to suit.

If you can get any insurance at all!

If it is a flood risk now its likely to be more of a flood risk with Global Warming and rainfall events get more extreme.

See this link for why I don't trust flood level predictions: http://anewhouse.com.au/2012/05/water-v ... lood-risk/
Altrove is definitely high flood prone zone. NOt sure what the developer is doing to cater to it, but it is pretty evident if you compare it with the other side of the station anyways.

On another note, I was thinkning of applying as well. Did they already start selling? I wasn't sure of the date they have in mind for that.
Altrove has started selling, price is 1175 per sqm. Stockland and Colliers are saying that this land does not even comes in 1-200 years possibility of flood!!
hi
Council is expanding the Schofield Roard next to Altrove from rouse hill to Richmond road so surely they would have thought about flood plus who don't like to live near transportation hub
Related
3/12/2023
Flood zone block - 1 in 100year

General Discussion

Yes it had a house on it. But Melbourne water only wanted something the original size of the existing house. We managed to fit a 45sq house on.

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum