Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

NSW - FREEMANS RIDGE ESTATE, CARNES HILL COMMUNITY

Page 2 of 4
Is everyone loving cowpasture Rd being opened?

Omg my land is still not registered!

Rayworth

What stage did you buy? When was your land expected to register?

Ours is in stage 14 with registration due end of December, early Jan.
I hope it doesn't take too long!

cruz_andmama
Rayworth

Im in stage 29, deposit put down in FEB 15 and was told 12-18 month, and the rest.... the last information given to our solicitor was possibly sometime in OCT, fingers crossed
Rayworth
cruz_andmama
Rayworth

Im in stage 29, deposit put down in FEB 15 and was told 12-18 month, and the rest.... the last information given to our solicitor was possibly sometime in OCT, fingers crossed

Oh wow that's a long wait!
Hopefully yours register soon. Have you already signed with a builder?
We're building with fowler homes, still in the tender variation stage.

Yeh we are going with McDonald Jones Homes, I, pretty sure everything is ready to go for us just need the land so they can do their thing

Hi is anyone building or has built in a bushfire zone? I'm just wondering what the costs might be?

cruz_andmama
Hi is anyone building or has built in a bushfire zone? I'm just wondering what the costs might be?

I have a BAL reading of 12.5 my builder has included a 5k allowance for it
Rayworth
cruz_andmama

In saying that we haven't started yet, my land is in the next area to register so i don't know how much it will be
Rayworth
Rayworth
cruz_andmama

In saying that we haven't started yet, my land is in the next area to register so i don't know how much it will be

Is your block right across the creek/trees or a street or two away? We'll have grass/no houses infront of us but i'm just hoping it won't cost a fortune. We have a 7.5k allowance on ours.

How did you get your bal done before reg?

LIm in stage 29, deposit put down in FEB 15 and was told 12-18 month, and the rest.... the last information given to our solicitor was possibly sometime in OCT, fingers crossed[/quote]

[/quote]

... hi ... omg I am
So in stage 29 .. deposit feb15 and now land is still not registered and my builder METRICON is wanting to charge is $5k every month it's delayed?? Anyone in the same situation? What can we do? It's so unfair as I have no control to the land settlement which I am been chasing for months ... contract of house now needs to be amended with the new building price. So unfair
Disappointing to hear about the registration delays, not sure what is behind it though ? The civil works seem to be in for the most part for the stages being talked about.

My only suggestion in dealing with the builders would be to perhaps agree a delay fee in a 3 or 4 month block as opposed to a month to month. The price escalations can take a toll especially with tighter lending by banks now and rates on the up.
Newhome-9999
LIm in stage 29, deposit put down in FEB 15 and was told 12-18 month, and the rest.... the last information given to our solicitor was possibly sometime in OCT, fingers crossed

[/quote]

... hi ... omg I am
So in stage 29 .. deposit feb15 and now land is still not registered and my builder METRICON is wanting to charge is $5k every month it's delayed?? Anyone in the same situation? What can we do? It's so unfair as I have no control to the land settlement which I am been chasing for months ... contract of house now needs to be amended with the new building price. So unfair
[/quote]

Im in stage 29 too, howdy neighbour.... we still haven't heard anything yet either. I have a friend at land and title office, he said the plans were received on the 27 Oct however they were incomplete so they are waiting for an update from the surveyor.. its so annoying. I took December off work this year thinking we would be there however we haven't even started!
... hi ... omg I am
[/quote]

Im in stage 29 too, howdy neighbour.... we still haven't heard anything yet either. I have a friend at land and title office, he said the plans were received on the 27 Oct however they were incomplete so they are waiting for an update from the surveyor.. its so annoying. I took December off work this year thinking we would be there however we haven't even started![/quote]

Hi neighbour as well
.. so nice to have some contacts with someone in the same situation. I called the land surveyor 2 days ago and he confirmed they have done everything they can. The status on the LPI site reads "under requisition" is no longer relevant. So I sent an email to LPI for a follow up update .. but not sure how long? Can you follow up with your friend there??? Who are you guys building with? Do you have to pay the extra charges for the land settlement delay? So unfair? And if it's settle how long do we allow for the construction phase to commence? I am been told that monthly fee up to the commence of construction stage. I am quite upset with this whole process. No one seem to own the situation. Vendor solicitor keep providing an inaccurate settlement time frame. I called council as well and they gave me my street number and name 3 weeks ago, street seem all complete with street lights up and on so I do not understand the delay? Thanks neighbours.
Also with Christmas and NY approaching it will take even longer now
Newhome-9999
Also with Christmas and NY approaching it will take even longer now

ill ask my friend then if there is anymore update. I picked the house straight away so we are up for the price increase of the house, its about $15k so far i think, prob cheaper that $1k per month anyway... it is real annoying. its my first home so i still live with mum or dad, thankfully I'm not paying another mortgage or rent.

im building with mcdonald jones homes. I've started a blog if you are interested. How abbut you?
https://therayworthsbuild.wordpress.com

I'm going to ask about my street number too thats a great idea. who do i email?

i have a friend from work that already lives in carnes hill, he said it has been sitting there ready for ages. and another friend from work who just moved in 2 weeks ago, he was in the stage before us. he was delayed this much too.
Sorry you mean you have selected the home straight away when u have chosen your land? I did tooz

Yes please follow up .. I will too. I am building with Metricon. You know they put a fat in the future price already as they said site cost is $65k ... that is so excessive but they don't care as they know they have the demand. We in a such a disadvantage situation. So when you say u are up to $15k they amend your contract and increase the settlement time .. could it go up higher? Thanks .. ps I will read your blogs
Sorry you mean you have selected the home straight away when u have chosen your land? I did tooz

Yes please follow up .. I will too. I am building with Metricon. You know they put a fat in the future price already as they said site cost is $65k ... that is so excessive but they don't care as they know they have the demand. We in a such a disadvantage situation. So when you say u are up to $15k they amend your contract and increase the settlement time .. could it go up higher? Thanks .. ps I will read your blogs
Just call up the council and you can request the street number .. if you drive around your blocks you can actually see street signs too you are aware right?
Newhome-9999
Just call up the council and you can request the street number .. if you drive around your blocks you can actually see street signs too you are aware right?

The plans from the freeman ridge site says your street, did it stay the same?
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum