Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

NSW - FREEMANS RIDGE ESTATE, CARNES HILL COMMUNITY

Page 1 of 4
Hi everyone!

Could not find a thread for this estate, so I thought why not start one up ! (Inspired by mandv post on Gregory Hills)

Essentially looking to allow us to share information and knowledge about the estate with others, current / future neighbors & residents and anyone else interested!

The estate is called Freemans Ridge situated within the Carnes Hill suburb approximately 10mins outside of Liverpool City, NSW.

Will refrain from copying and pasting the marketing spiel, but just a few things that drew my wife and I to it were:

- Proximity to Carnes Hill Shopping Centre (100m walk from our block)
- 5-10mins to newly opened Edmundson Park and Leppington Train Stations
- 10mins to Liverpool City Centre, Liverpool Hospital and Liverpool Westfield
- Fairly level and decent sized blocks within a family orientated and relatively ‘safe’ neighbourhood
- The (then proposed now underway) $30m Library and Sporting Complex
- A number of well-regarded schools
- Aldi, CostCo, Masters, Bunnings all in close proximity

Building is underway on our block – slow but steady progress. Bricks are up so hoping to be in by Christmas. Happy to share my story , trials and tribulations !

Happy sharing !

For those looking for a bit more information:

- Developers website: http://www.freemansridge.com.au/lifestyle/
- New Library and Sporting Complex: (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 7246068047)
- Carnes Hills Shopping Centre: http://www.carneshillmarketplace.com.au

-------

Update 29.7.15
"Wests Tigers prepare new home at Liverpool’s Carnes Hill in deal with Mayor Ned Mannoun"
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 7460827190

--------

Tags: Carnes Hill, Freemans Ridge
Hello there!

We're currently building our first home at Freemans Ridge, Carnes Hill and we're looking at moving in on Dec as well. Exciting isn't it?!
ChristineS
Hello there!

We're currently building our first home at Freemans Ridge, Carnes Hill and we're looking at moving in on Dec as well. Exciting isn't it?!

It definatley is !

I managed to get on site yesterday for a progress inspection after bricks went up. Was good to walk through both upper and lower levels and get a feel for how the spaces work, landscape areas etc..

Thankfully minimal rectifications identified by my building inspector.

Bring on December !!

Tc

ShackOutWest

Update 29.7.15
"Wests Tigers prepare new home at Liverpool’s Carnes Hill in deal with Mayor Ned Mannoun"
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 7460827190

Tags: Carnes Hill, Freemans Ridge

Some fresh news for the Carnes Hill community !

Thoughts ?
Hi all I have put a deposit on land earlier this year, it won't register till next year though. Just wondering what stage did you buy from?

I was also looking for a thread for this estate, so thank you!
I purchased in June 2014 and we just registered 3 weeks age (stage 26).

Who are you building with? Did it take long for the approvals to come through?
Rayworth
Hi all I have put a deposit on land earlier this year, it won't register till next year though. Just wondering what stage did you buy from?

Congratulations !

We bought in Stage 10B around February 2013. Had a false start with my first builder so got delayed. Progressing well (touch wood) with the current one.

Will put some pics up soon.

samanthanewport38

Nice ! Exciting times ahead.

My DA was lodged late November 2014 and I received approval early late January 2015 (3months'ish).

But I did follow up with council every 2weeks.

Good to hear the post is helped.

ShackOutWest
samanthanewport38

My DA was lodged late November 2014 and I received approval early late January 2015 (3months'ish).

Exciting! I was told 2-4 weeks for approvals. Were you expecting it to take 3 months? Did you go through CDC?
samanthanewport38
ShackOutWest
samanthanewport38

Exciting! I was told 2-4 weeks for approvals. Were you expecting it to take 3 months? Did you go through CDC?

We went through the DA process to maximize the floor space ratio.

If we take out the Christmas shut down our processing was closer to 7 weeks with Council. I had a lovely intern that managed my application. The only change I had to make was to have a minimum 8m high tree somewhere onsite on my landscape plan (I originally went bare minimum).

CDC is the hassle free way to go I hear but can be restrictive. Someone that has gone through CDC would be better placed to explain than me.

Which Stage are you part of ?

Cool that makes sense.
We literally submitted the plans to CDC on Wednesday so started that waiting game. Builder then has up to 20 working days to get to site so worst case I'm still 8 weeks away to get to site.
Who did everyone build with? We have chosen McDonald Jones, did most people go with the preferred builders?

Rayworth
Who did everyone build with? We have chosen McDonald Jones, did most people go with the preferred builders?

Initially we liked the Amazon 38 with Travelle Homes. But after hearing some worrying stories and quite a few mistakes along the process, we pulled the plug.

We are now building with Wisdom Homes. I had my guard up with them through the process but they have been good to deal with and we are lucky with an excellent Site Supervisor.

Rayworth

We are building with Eden Brae. We shopped around quiet a bit and were close to signing with Fairmont Homes although they tried to increase the base price when we were about to pay for a tender.
Is anyone here from Stage 26?
So I have a friend from work who has been told his land will register this month. Anyone else waiting for their land to register, what have you heard? Anyone who is there already does the next section look ready?

A friend from work told me a few more roads have gone in where will will be so I drive out there today.

Building Havana Executive from McD Homes

Rayworth
A friend from work told me a few more roads have gone in where will will be so I drive out there today.

Good stuff ! I can imagine the excitement.

We just reached practical completion with settlement in 2 weeks. Has been a long road just cant wait.

Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum