Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Cloverlea Estate - Chirnside Park VIC (Buying Land)

Page 79 of 106
M_n_M
rhiles
M_n_M
We purchased 2049 - the builder couldn't tell us exactly what price it be but they wanted to stay on the safe side and quote 20-25k I just don't want to be screwed over with such high site costs. They also did tell us that we will need piers to hold the slab in where there is more than 300ml to be filled.
Apparently our block was the only one they couldn't get a clear reading from engineering but they just went by the blocks around us!
We also need to pay an extra 2,500 for temporary fencing, termite protection, permit fees etc so it all seems a little high :/

It's so scary when you've never built before!!

We were told to allow $20k for site costs as we have 3m of fill on our block! Our costs came back at $6K and no piers required as compaction was done well! You never know what will happen!

Which builder did you go with rhiles?? Our builder came back to us last week and they are pretty positive it will be over 20k from the soil tests received from stage 1! :/

Hi M_n_M,

Our builder charging $8000 for foundation and no pier required on as more than 3m fill, because good compaction soil has been filled. Our builder is Leading edge and lot 1059.
We are building with boutique homes it seems like they are more expensive with site costs than other builders?? Anyone got a reasonable price with site costs with boutique in stage 1??
rhiles
M_n_M
We purchased 2049 - the builder couldn't tell us exactly what price it be but they wanted to stay on the safe side and quote 20-25k I just don't want to be screwed over with such high site costs. They also did tell us that we will need piers to hold the slab in where there is more than 300ml to be filled.
Apparently our block was the only one they couldn't get a clear reading from engineering but they just went by the blocks around us!
We also need to pay an extra 2,500 for temporary fencing, termite protection, permit fees etc so it all seems a little high :/

We were told to allow $20k for site costs as we have 3m of fill on our block! Our costs came back at $6K and no piers required as compaction was done well! You never know what will happen!

Hi Rhiles,
Who are you building with? We had two different companies do soil tests on our lot 1063, one recommended placing the slab straight on fill, another said poor compaction and recommended bored concrete piers (or screw piles) down 3m to more solid soil. 41 piers are costing us around $6k extra (total site costs around $21k) but we don't mind, prefer to over-engineer, its a small percentage of the total build cost. I say this not intending to create any fear or doubt, your builder's engineer should know what they are doing, after all they take full responsibility for it.
We emailed you last night about fences, any chance you might get back to us soon please:)
Also, would you (or anyone please) have contact details for our neighbours on 1061? We have been trying to reach them re fencing in various ways, so far no luck.
Best regards
Richard and Dana, your neighbours on 1063
Rochelle should be able to pass fencing info onto your neighbours.
Xile
Hooray, Been told slab pouring should be on the 13th...Friday the 13th....

This weather but :/

Hi Xile, just in case you didn't see it, we sent you a PM last night re fencing. We are over your rear boundary, lot 1063. Any chance you could get in touch with us soon please. If your builder is installing temporary fencing, could you please ask them to leave approx 1m clear at the rear, they probably don't need to go right up to the rear boundary. The palings will be from your side and the fencing company needs at least 2 feet of working space, preferably a little more as they will have the retaining wall to deal with.
All the best with your build.
Thanks and regards
Richard and Dana
Big Bear
Rochelle should be able to pass fencing info onto your neighbours.

Hi Big Bear,
Yes, she initially sent an email to two of our neighbours who are not on this forum, giving them our contact details, only one responded. She has now forwarded our letter to them by post, but as we are pushed for time with fencing (trying to finish before build start) so we are trying to contact them electronically if possible. Just hoping someone may know how to reach them by phone/email.
Thanks and regards
Richard
Registered post?
mutski
Awesome news Rhiles. So what house did you end up going with?

We are building the Monaco noveau q1 with Henley! Can't wait to start
M_n_M
rhiles
M_n_M

Which builder did you go with rhiles?? Our builder came back to us last week and they are pretty positive it will be over 20k from the soil tests received from stage 1! :/

We are building with Henley! We were shocked when they came back so cheap!
rhiles
We are building the Monaco noveau q1 with Henley! Can't wait to start

Nice. We were looking at that until we decided to go double story.
rada_j
rhiles
M_n_M

Hi Rhiles,
Who are you building with? We had two different companies do soil tests on our lot 1063, one recommended placing the slab straight on fill, another said poor compaction and recommended bored concrete piers (or screw piles) down 3m to more solid soil. 41 piers are costing us around $6k extra (total site costs around $21k) but we don't mind, prefer to over-engineer, its a small percentage of the total build cost. I say this not intending to create any fear or doubt, your builder's engineer should know what they are doing, after all they take full responsibility for it.
We emailed you last night about fences, any chance you might get back to us soon please:)
Also, would you (or anyone please) have contact details for our neighbours on 1061? We have been trying to reach them re fencing in various ways, so far no luck.
Best regards
Richard and Dana, your neighbours on 1063

We are building with Henley! We were shocked with how low they came back, I queried them so much they went back to the engineers to check again! We have a 50 year structural warranty through them! I guess we were just lucky! We got your email, Daniel is looking at it now!
Hi Richard,
Who are you planning to use for your fencing???
Hi 1090'

Did you see???? SBG started, on Sherwood???,
Sanna
Hi 1090'

Lucky for them:) I guess they have there taps! Have you heard anymore on when you are getting yours?
I'm going to try and chase it up tomorrow, I'm getting very impatient now!
lot 1090
Sanna
Hi 1090'

Lucky for them:) I guess they have there taps! Have you heard anymore on when you are getting yours?

Hi guys, no they don't have taps either, not having taps doesn't seem to be a issue

No the Yarra Valley guy told hubby he was doing them last Tuesday,
Sanna
lot 1090
Sanna
Hi 1090'

Hi guys, no they don't have taps either, not having taps doesn't seem to be a issue

No the yarra Vally guy told hubby he was doing them last Tuesday,
[/quote

Might give Claire a buzz and see what's happening, although I'm sure it will be any day now.

Anyone who hasn't signed a contract,to a builder yet
do your self a BIG SBG favour, check SBG out, ask for Rebecca or Claire, you will be glad you did
Sanna

Anyone who hasn't signed a contract,to a builder yet
do your self a BIG SBG favour, check SBG out, ask for Rebecca or Claire, you will be glad you did

Definitely agree!
Hey Sanna, your posts are really helpful! I wish I had seen the forum before

That is awesome news, more and more peeps starting to build, ohh, im getting really impatient now! building permit etc, everything is in place just waiting for a site start date !!
Does anyone know whose building on 1007???We are building on 1006 and met our neighbors(1005) last weekend,
Cheers!!
Has anyone here got an independent inspector lined up to check on various stages of their build?
It was something I was looking at doing, but I was wondering if anyone who has started building has had them done for slab/frame etc? Would love some recommendations

Thanks!
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum