Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Cranbourne West -Casiana Grove

Page 1 of 7
Hi

We are interested in buying a land in Cranbourne West-Casiana Grove estate. Anybody knows any further details around that area?

I've read that there were toxic gas landfill issues around that area and some high voltage power line issues.. Can someone pls get me enlighten on those issues?

Thanx
Any responses pls...............
anu123
Hi

We are interested in buying a land in Cranbourne West-Casiana Grove estate. Anybody knows any further details around that area?

I've read that there were toxic gas landfill issues around that area and some high voltage power line issues.. Can someone pls get me enlighten on those issues?

Thanx

Hi anu123 ... We are building in casiana grove ...the problems you mention are not connected to us but in brookland greens an estate near us...casiana grove is built on old farmland not a reclaimed tip .....

Good luck

Harleycruize
Hey thanx... who are the good builders in casiana grove? any recommendations pls
We are building with Carlisle Homes ,not sure what the others are like but so far we are having a good experience with them.......

There will be 40 odd display homes popping up in the comming months to look at ..but dont leave buying the land too long as it seems to sell fast at every stage release ,.....hope that helps..

Harleycruize
Anyone else building in Casiana Grove????
harleycruize
Anyone else building in Casiana Grove????

Hi

We are building there too.

Thanks for the infill info. I don' think this anymore an issue especially for casiana grove. It is located well away from the infill area.

Flood exposure was my concern because the area is quite flat and surrounded with wetlands. But it also seems that the casian grove area is a bit elevated from the rest of the suburb. Looks high enough to withstand heavy raining.

We made our decision because these lands (casiana & alara estates) is the last opportunity to have affordable pricing in a well established estate. This area is the last area which naturally sojourns with the eastern suburbs in 20-30 min drive. there are 3 main access routs there, Princes, hipsland highway and eastlink (contrary to the western suburbs with only road out of the suburb). It took me 15 min less than from Berwick to get to city!!! We also liked this area because of the potential of growth. $200-220 per lot... There are some other +++ as golf fields, quality restaurant around the corner, broad royal botanical gardens.

"---" no proper schools and low society image of the cranbourne area.No proper shopping as well.

Regarding builders - all of them are "volume" builders with NONE SINGLE builder in their companies. They are just middlemen. All of them produce a %% of crappy houses. Everything depends on the site supervisor and tradies and your proactive approach.

I build with Simonds and so far I can't say I am very happy with them.
Hi All,

We are signing build contracts with Henley tomorrow to build in Casiana, harleycruize
& nck321 where abouts in casiana are you guys building?
We are currently building with Henley in Casiana Grove. I'm so happy with how quickly they are building, they started on the 20th of April and are due to finish at the end of the month.

What house are you building with them?
Hey C-dub, we are building the Sienna Q2 in Casiana Grove. Build contracts are done, land to settle on 25th, hopefully our build time is as quick as yours. What house did you build and where?
cr4711- We are building the Mode4.
Going for an inspection next week which should be good, as since lock up we have had to peek through the windows to see what is happening! The bathroom tiles had arrived last Saturday, so hopefully they will be done this week! There is another Henley house getting built two doors down from us, and they are progessing about the same pace as us so fingers crossed your house gets built quickly!
(part of me is hoping that as your settlement on the 25th, they plan on having ours finished by then to begin on yours! That is, if we have the same site manager!)
Hi guys

Ours to be titled in end of this month and settlement in next month. We visited the land yesterday and saw already some display houses were put up there. Things moving rapidly. Keep on posting about the progress guys
HI Guys ...our place is in stage 2 and should be ready mid september .....really look forward to when the parks are started
as we have 2 young kids ......

For those that are curious it seems that opticom have been signed to deliver the fiber to the estate,i gave them a call and it should be ready to roll in mid Sep as well

Good luck to everyone building

Harley
We had site cut start last Friday, and slab pour is currently booked for the 17/8, hopefully this rain will go away so that it doesn't get put off.

Harleycruize, I had also heard that opticom have been signed to deliver fiber, unfortunately they say the fiber will only be supplying internet and telephony (not TV and Cable tv as in other estates)
We are building down the road in the quarters estate stage 1 its such a great area and has everything you could need. Really hoping land value will sky rocket in the coming years
Hi guys!

We've put a deposit down on stage 6. They reckon title due in November. Has anyone been told different? Dont want to lock in with a builder so soon uncase we get charged for price increase of 2.5K with Henley.
We built in Marriott Waters, Lyndhurst which is the next suburb and land prices have gone through the roof now. Not much is left under $300k. If I had the money I would buy an investment block in one of those new Cranbourne estates and sit on it for a little while (although that is probably against the convenant anyway).

Although Cranbourne does have a bit of a negative stigma attached to it, there are some parts that are really nice. I think there are a lot worse areas in Melbourne and Casey Council is working hard to improve the image of Cranny
hi Hels, what's the negative image attached to Cranbourne? We just bought a land in Cranbourne East, the area looks quite and very nice, although it's a big adjustment for us since I'm working in the Melbourne CBD. ta
Investa,

We made the mistake of not putting a deposit down with Henley and when we came back the price had gone up 15k. By putting some money down you can lock in a price for 6 months or so and delay tender, so you can still get your money back.

Chatz
Thanks for that chatz We will put a deposit down next week!

Stage 6 in casiana grove is selling quick. I was one of first to buy and two weeks has passed came back to putndown 5% deposit and found out three blocks to my left is sold and one on right sold as well!

Have been told title is due November and on track!
Related
21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

6/12/2023
Skylight facing west, sufficient light in mornings?

General Discussion

It might be a bit darker in the mornings but the light is still light, so you should be getting it. Similar to what you see from your western windows

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum